Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be doing something wrong as in the past handful of days I am getting flashed by oncoming drivers as though I'm driving with my brights on. I am certain I'm not driving with the full-on brights but wonder if I'm missing some other setting or something? Maybe I'm just overlooking something because a handful of other people sure do seem to think I am.

EDIT: I have the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid XLE.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you carrying any heavy loads that might make the rear end go down a bit.
Adjustment might be off?
Ott.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
IMO the Ravs are all aimed too high. Its easy to fix it yourself, the adjuster wheels are very accessible. I lowered mine a bunch and still feel I get good illumination of the road.

·
Registered
210 Posts
People flash their highbeams at me quite often. I think the headlights are properly aimed. They are just extremely bright LEDs. I pulled into somebody's very dark driveway, and they commented how super bright the headlights were. It amazes me how much light reflects off the highway signs and shoulder reflectors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
IMO the Ravs are all aimed too high. Its easy to fix it yourself, the adjuster wheels are very accessible. I lowered mine a bunch and still feel I get good illumination of the road.
This is also a problem on the 2014+ Corollas as well. Headlight cut-offs should be adjusted to drop 2.5 inches over 25 feet (or 6.35 cm over 7.62 meters). For reference, you will want to use the dimple in the middle over the lowbeam projector, and the middle of the slash in the cutoff pattern:

________________________ (For left-hand drive)
___________/

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have stock LED's and have never been flashed in my 1st 5000 miles. The biggest issue is going up an incline puts the lights more into oncoming traffic eyes and nothing can be done about that. If you adjust them much then going down hill into a valley the cutoff will be so low that you will lose to much forward vision to the point of being dangerous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts