Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see if anyone knows of a interface cable that will go between the stock radio connections and amp then back to factory wiring out to the speakers. I know they make them for some Toys but not sure if they make one for RAV

My other options is trying to find wire harness that I can modify. I know they make harness so you can add after market radio and use factory wiring but I cant find harness that will plug into factory radio that I can rewire to go to from the radio out to Amp in and then back from the amp to the factory speaker wiring.

I am trying to avoid cutting any factory wiring if possible I figured someone out there has found a way to add a harness in between the head and the amp

Thanks for any imput

·
Registered
60 Posts
lol I looked into this back in 2015(aprox 5 months after buying my 2014 LE)....that was a mistake. I couldn't easily figure it out. Eventually I used wiring adapters on the rear speakers and ran those to the amp. You can't do it on the front I don't think because the highs go to the tweeters(I think, or it could have been my lack of knowledge that made it sound like crap the first time) If you do this, you lose your hearing of bluetooth FYI since that only comes out of the front. I then ran speaker wire to every speaker, which again was a pain in the ass. I slowly but surely found a way to use existing holes in the doors so I didn't have to drill anything new. Almost as big of a pain in the ass as running 4awg wire from the battery, through the car, to the trunk for the amp. I replaced all speakers with Polks + a 12" rockford shallow sub.

I wired up the 5 channel rockford fosgate amp and built a custom sealed box into the wheel well of the trunk(first time fiberglassing for a customer "mold"). All in all, the sound was great. It wasn't until recently that I finally replaced the stock touch screen with a Kenwood DMX7704S and paired it with the Maestro RR adapter and toyota harness. Pretty much plug and play aside from soldering the harness to the Kenwood harness. I ran a 6 channel RCA cable set to the trunk and couldn't be happier now. Bluetooth is back and now I have android auto. Full control over every sound channel, it sounds better and the Maestro gives readouts of tire pressure and gauges on the screen.

I guess all I am saying is learn from my mistakes lol and do it correctly the first time. Either cut into existing wires or go out and replace the thing. Don't half ass it and just use the back wire like me :)

I don't think you can do what you want without cutting into the wires. That shouldn't be tough though if you know what you are doing. This was my first major project to a car and I feel I learned a lot but not sure if I'll do it in the future. Or at least I won't do it the way I did :/

Also, just a quick google search and I couldn't find anything to match what you want exactly but you could try to piece it together?

This is just a hunch but why not buy a aftermarket harness and find a replacement set of factory harness and just "rebuild" it? Connect them together accordingly and see if it works? I believe the below is for the 2014 but the pics don't show all the wires I was thinking it had? $10 to find out I guess?

ex stock connection --> Wire Harness for Factory Radio Toyota Scion Geo Lexus For Stereo Installation | eBay

Connects to original harness --> Wire Harness for Toyota Scion Geo Lexus For Stereo Installation | eBay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts