Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket sway bars for the 06 RAV4 yet? I love the speed of the V6, but once those turns come in, I start to get a little nervous. I know it's not a race car, but I think a larger, stiffer sway bar would help out there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have you looked at how the front sway bar is routed? It looks like an absolute b!tch to replace.

I'd replace the tires with a more aggressive set before thinking about switching out the sway bars.

·
Registered
240 Posts
flyingn said:
I just told you. All use the same sway bars...
This better note have been directed towards me......... :x

My reply has nothing to do whether or not the sways are the same; only as to the complexity of how the front is arranged. The mounting of ANY front sway bar is going to require major wrenching.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mhgsx said:
Have you looked at how the front sway bar is routed? It looks like an absolute b!tch to replace.

I'd replace the tires with a more aggressive set before thinking about switching out the sway bars.
Actually I never took a look at the front or rear swaybars. I'd hate to throw away a set of good tires or sell them. I guess I'll just stick it out. Thanks for the replies!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping either TRD, Tom's, Eibach or any company can make the swaybar for the 2006 RAV4. A thicker rear swaybar on the 2006 RAV4 can really help the car cornering or highway lane changing.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
A word of caution....

You will risk voiding your warranty if you start swapping out factory parts during the warranty period.

Also there is more to suspension now days with all of the VSP, ABS, etc interaction. You may end up creating a situation that has VSP kicking in more than normal (power reduced as you are taking a corner and brakes being applied)

·
Registered
122 Posts
but TRD don't have any plans to make parts for RAV4s... well.. or should i said, since none of the company is making RAV4 parts yet.. there is no way TRD can buy it and resell it as TRD parts..

it's better to contact other companies such as Eibach, TEIN, or Hotchikis to make parts for our car.

btw.. anyone in SoCal want to donate their car for few days to have Tein make lowering springs for the RAV4s?
http://www.tein.com/test_vehicle/index.html

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hang on. The only way anything is going to void a warranty is if they can reasonably connect the componet you installed as being directly related to the warranty problem. If you install an aftermarket swaybar and your engine blows, these would be totally unrealted and your warranty would still be in effect.

However, the point about stability controls being a factor to consider is quite valid.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Outside of a 3M bra, bug deflector, rear bumper protector and a hitch I am not changing anything due to all the electrical communication between the various components.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hooolala said:
btw.. anyone in SoCal want to donate their car for few days to have Tein make lowering springs for the RAV4s?
http://www.tein.com/test_vehicle/index.html
LOL I'm not sure I'd want to lend my baby to TEIN so that they could abuse the hell out of it for 2-3 days 3 times. That's not worth a free suspension to me. Only person to abuse this baby should be me! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the V6 Sport with the Yokohamas on it, so I thought the idea of replacing the sway bar was a little silly. Then I started pushing the thing on the on-ramps, and you're right, the Rav DOES sway quite a bit! It's not the tires, for they grip very well, and the 55 profile is not gonna flex much.

If the sway bars are too complex, the least you can do is replace the bushing with Polyurethane. These are available in universal sizes and are relatively easy to replace. You can get them in black so the dealer won't susspect anything. It's recommended to get bushings that have a grease coating, for they will squeak when dry.

Overall, this is the cheapest way to improve the body roll of a vehicle.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
nope. The brakes rotors are bigger on 3rd seat models wuith 4 cylinders.. same size as all the 6;s. Maybe that what you are thinin of

JIMD4 said:
I think I saw somewhere that the sway bar on the model with 3rd row seat is larger than standard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts