Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the 2020s will come with AA, wondering if we will be able to update our 2019s to it. Or if not, replace the factory head unit with a 2020 head unit?

Discuss and thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
that head unit is $4k...

·
Registered
55 Posts
In Europe the update will be available Q2 2020. Over here in The Netherlands the upgrade will be free of charge for the 2019 RAV4 and Corolla.
That's very positive to hear. And although each region is not the same, it is promising news.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will email my dealer and see what they say. Worth a shot now that we know it will actually happen.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,602 Posts
On a Prius forum I heard of '19 Camry cars being promised the upgrade with no cost details.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,602 Posts
I've only seen that with regard to Apple CarPlay, not Android Auto, for 2018 and early 2019 Camrys.

2019 RAV4s came with Car Play from the start.
I was reading it wrong.

Form an email a poster received:

"Remember to add Apple CarPlay® 1 and Amazon Alexa2 to your CAMRY HYBRID

If you haven't done so already, schedule an appointment with your preferred servicing dealer. Available with 2018 Camry and Sienna vehicles only. Dealer installation fee may apply."

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's funny to me that on a 29k vehicle the head unit represents about 13 percent of the total cost of the vehicle

No way that is the cost on the assembly line

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I am still hopeful we'll get "free" update.

Reactions: swieder711

·
Registered
762 Posts
Now that the 2020s will come with AA, wondering if we will be able to update our 2019s to it. Or if not, replace the factory head unit with a 2020 head unit?

Discuss and thanks guys!
I've asked both Toyota Canada and my local Toyota dealer, both said no plans to offer AA or Toyota Connect on any 2019 models.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've asked both Toyota Canada and my local Toyota dealer, both said no plans to offer AA or Toyota Connect on any 2019 models.

Talked to the dealer where we have bought all of our extended family cars (6). During my second scheduled service, I was told by Service Manager that it'll be most likely be an update to AA on the 2019s and cost splitting would be involved. This is how they updated the older 2018 camrys to CarPlay.

Let's hope this is all true.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts