Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends, hope you are all well and safe.

I have ordered an android radio for my 2013 Rav4's (there are several good ones in Aliexpress).
But currently, I have an issue with the installation. My Rav4 is a limited version, with a large touchscreen monitor and JBL system, and the cables from the android head unit do not fit (I guess the unit is for versions without JBL system installed).

Here are the photos of wire harnesses and canbus of my car and the replacement radio.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

P.S. I asked the supplier for another canbus with JBL support, but he told me that they have nothing that will fit...

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
It may have more to do with 2016+ refresh as Toyota done a lot of changes everywhere. Was the new head unit specified to work with 2013-2015 specifically?

It may also be that the european spec Rav4s are different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may have more to do with 2016+ refresh as Toyota done a lot of changes everywhere. Was the new head unit specified to work with 2013-2015 specifically?

It may also be that the european spec Rav4s are different.
It is for 2013 model, but not for with JBL system... I have checked with other cars without JBL, and they would fit well. The problem is the wire plugs (mine is 20pin, while others have 8+12 pins)

·
Registered
13 Posts
-10629661216307288.jpg
Would this not do the trick? It states that it supports JBL but might not work with your head unit. It's a bit hard to tell from the photos but I can't see any difference from the pic of their wiring harness and the one you recieved.

Do you have a link to the unit you purchased?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts