Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

461 - 480 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You lose your whole entunes plus. Although you can download other apps and such on your android device.. or use your note and screen mirror. You can also install android auto and connect it to your phone with the HU. The possibilities are endless with these devices.
Thank you! I ordered a Dasaita unit from Aliexpress a few days ago..now the wait begins...I am very excited to play with it once its here ( assuming i can get it hooked up). ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered this one..
Does this one look ok?
Hey. In my understanding there are different chipsets on the market. PX3 / PX5 / PX6. In your case its the px3 (oldest generation).

I got this one (PX6):

I think the px3 also works fine, but istn as fast as the other units. My thinking was that i pay the 100.- extra and have the "future-proof" version.

Greeting from europe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey. In my understanding there are different chipsets on the market. PX3 / PX5 / PX6. In your case its the px3 (oldest generation).

I got this one (PX6): View attachment 144729
I think the px3 also works fine, but istn as fast as the other units. My thinking was that i pay the 100.- extra and have the "future-proof" version.

Greeting from europe
Well since it's already on the way to me, I guess I will have to make due. I hope it will be alright being an older version...dang! I knew the price was too good! ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered this one..
Does you think it will be ok?

View attachment 144741
Hard to tell since we don't know which rockchip it's using. Each one has different modifications and updates that you can do. Once you receive it, and set it up, show us the details listed in the car settings. Maybe we can direct you towards custom updates specific to the chip.

I currently am running Android 9, running HA 3.30 mcu and the latest update as well. Anyone getting that clicking noise in the background of their music when connected to bluetooth music. Tends to make the noise when there is bass

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hard to tell since we don't know which rockchip it's using. Each one has different modifications and updates that you can do. Once you receive it, and set it up, show us the details listed in the car settings. Maybe we can direct you towards custom updates specific to the chip.

I currently am running Android 9, running HA 3.30 mcu and the latest update as well. Anyone getting that clicking noise in the background of their music when connected to bluetooth music. Tends to make the noise when there is bass
Here is another snap from the info page on it..hopefully this helps..

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup. Only downside is that they're moving on from px5 to px6 and the updates and bug fixes will be more focused on that than anything. But other than that, its a solid device.
Will I be able to do updates on mine to get it up to speed with the new devices? Sorry for so many questions..new at this ?‍♀

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed one similar. Aa 10.1" from Amazon. Sadly, it did not come with that fancy dash bezel. I sent an email to Seicane to see if they sell just the bezel. Still testing things out but seems pretty solid. Only complaint is that the internal mic seems to suck. Emailed the seller to see if there is an add-on for external mic since there seems to be empty spots on the back of the unit where things can plug in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this work with the music (current track) and navigation pages in the MFD in the center of the driver's cluster?

I'm also considering installing an Android Auto host app on the headunit to use with my phone: AA displayed on the 10.2" screen would be a big improvement over the 7" display of most aftermarket HUs! Has anyone utilized it this way, is it a seamless transition from stock AA support?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So the HU that I ordered should FINALLY arrive tomorrow. Jeez, what a long wait! Being someone who has never installed a radio before, besides watching the install videos, is there any tips or tricks I should know? And who would be willing to help me if I get stuck in the middle of my install? ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So the HU that I ordered should FINALLY arrive tomorrow. Jeez, what a long wait! Being someone who has never installed a radio before, besides watching the install videos, is there any tips or tricks I should know? And who would be willing to help me if I get stuck in the middle of my install? ?
It actually came today! ?
But I need someone to tell me the adapters that I need to use my sharkfin..so I can get the best signal. Also where have you all installed the mic that comes with it..I dont know that I am brave enough to take apart my door frame to wire it that way..any other suggestions would be welcome. Hope I hear back from someone soon! I am ready to install this baby! ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It actually came today! ?
But I need someone to tell me the adapters that I need to use my sharkfin..so I can get the best signal. Also where have you all installed the mic that comes with it..I dont know that I am brave enough to take apart my door frame to wire it that way..any other suggestions would be welcome. Hope I hear back from someone soon! I am ready to install this baby! ?
Actually looked back in this convo to see the adapters I need to get for the sharkfin..but I still need help with the external mic....

·
Registered
14 Posts
HELP!!! I am installing and my vent clip is soldered together and I cant get it apart! This thing is @%&$ me off! Any suggestions please!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you talking about the vent clip on the factory vent outlet?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Yes..but I ended up getting it eventually..it took me half an hour though, and cut up fingers from digging at it with a knife, tweezers and a screwdriver...lol

461 - 480 of 503 Posts