Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does this work with the music (current track) and navigation pages in the MFD in the center of the driver's cluster?

I'm also considering installing an Android Auto host app on the headunit to use with my phone: AA displayed on the 10.2" screen would be a big improvement over the 7" display of most aftermarket HUs! Has anyone utilized it this way, is it a seamless transition from stock AA support?
Late reply to this but it looks like they're adding a lot of support on the xda forums for AA. Check it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I've read through this before but I cannot remember if anybody has done this with a Limited with JBL and Birds Eye. So do you keep the functionality of Birds Eye with one of these (I realize it might depend on the radio you get)?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think I've read through this before but I cannot remember if anybody has done this with a Limited with JBL and Birds Eye. So do you keep the functionality of Birds Eye with one of these (I realize it might depend on the radio you get)?
Dependent on the radio you get. Some support, some don't. I'd contact the seller before purchasing the device

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a Witson DHS2021A that was given to me by a friend but only some of the stuff works for my 2017 RAV4, I can't seem to get the reverse camera working, CANBUS doesn't seem to work and only 4 buttons from the steering wheel seem to work but not volume up/down, I was wondering if anyone knew what the pinouts for the stock 2017 RAV4 LE stereo is? Unfortunately with my extensive searches I can't seem to find anything on the Toyota Fujitsu Ten 86140-42110 Model: FT0049A

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
I'm new to the forum, I'm from Europe and I'm going to buy a used RAV4 hybrid 2016. I was quite horrified by the audio quality of both the OEM and JBL versions (especially the lack of sound in the back seats).

For the OEM I can fix with the Dasaita but since I got a good offer for a premium version, do you know if the sound quality will improve also for the ones based on JBL system?

Thanks,
Ale

·
Registered
69 Posts
How does the secondary display function after installing a head unit like this?

Does the navigation/audio/compass work at all? What is displayed?

Also, what are everybody's impressions of this head unit after using it for a while? I'm debating whether or not to install one in my 2018 XLE.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got a Witson DHS2021A that was given to me by a friend but only some of the stuff works for my 2017 RAV4, I can't seem to get the reverse camera working, CANBUS doesn't seem to work and only 4 buttons from the steering wheel seem to work but not volume up/down, I was wondering if anyone knew what the pinouts for the stock 2017 RAV4 LE stereo is? Unfortunately with my extensive searches I can't seem to find anything on the Toyota Fujitsu Ten 86140-42110 Model: FT0049A
You can order a new canbus online from aliexpress or any provider that sells them. You may want to go into the factory settings and see if the canbus can settings for a toyota rav 4 (simple).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the lastest sygav unit off of Amazon. I have an SE model with the advance package. can confirm, it works with the birds eye view camera. No problems so far.
Can you show us a photo of how Birds Eye View looks on this? Also, does the front cam come on when you're at a stop just like it does now on the factory system?

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone ever add or maybe upgrade the heatsinks in their Dasaita (or any Android radio)?? If I have my heat at 73 or higher and drive for an hour the radio will overheat. Happens at almost exactly 1 hour every time. Music starts breaking up and then the radio reboots and sits at some pre-boot android screen where I can retry or restore. I was thinking maybe some larger heatsinks and/or a small fan might help resolve this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello, I recently got a radio and I am trying to figure out the wiring before I proceed with the install.

I have a harness that came with a radio, but I know the backup camera requires a step down to 6v, so I got this:

I realized I did not get a pass through version of the harness, so I am trying to retrofit this into the harness that came with the android radio. I do not have the harness in my hand yet as I am still waiting for it, but I believe some of the wires from the image above are already occupied by the android radio's harness. I traced the radio's harness and noticed the coinciding wires goes to a canbus decode, so should I just split and add this camera adapter's wire onto the wire to avoid removing any functionality that requires canbus?

I have an OEM USB retention adapter, but noticed that I do not have an OEM 3.5mm aux retention adapter. Waiting for an adapter is going to take forever as I live in Canada and shopping in the USA would be prohibitively expensive in terms of shipping. How would I approach this? I found two photos:
1580240619737.png

Both of these photos are pretty similar for pin 11,25,26,27,28. Does pinning 11 and 25 together with a 2.7K resistor and then pinning 26 to 28 and connecting red and white RCA plugs to connect to the android head unit's RCA plugs sound right for retaining OEM Aux?

Finally, does anyone know if most general electronic stores have the correct pins to plug into these harness plugs?

Thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone with the Dasaita w/PX5 upgrade to Android 9 and MCU 3.45? I was thinking about installing just wondering if its possible and if so how stable has it been?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone with the Dasaita w/PX5 upgrade to Android 9 and MCU 3.45? I was thinking about installing just wondering if its possible and if so how stable has it been?
I am about 3 months late but I am on the latest and the most frustrating thing about this is the wifi connection as with iOS 13+, the drops in the hotspots. May be related to iOS with hotspots but the wifi is a bit spotty since the new Dasaita updates

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am about 3 months late but I am on the latest and the most frustrating thing about this is the wifi connection as with iOS 13+, the drops in the hotspots. May be related to iOS with hotspots but the wifi is a bit spotty since the new Dasaita updates
I never did upgrade. I'm thinking about it more now because for some reason the GPS has gone to shit. Maybe the update will help?!? It just will not get a 3d lock on the satellites and Waze and Google maps are useless. I even have the adapter to connect the GPS lead to the stock roof antenna. And I've pulled the radio out several times to reseat the connection. I have to do some more research and see if I can find a solution. I rely heavily on the GPS because I drive around all over NY/PA for work and using it on my phone sucks once you get used to using it on that 10" screen. :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I read somewhere that the solder connection can break on the gps chip and cause it to stop working.

It was a couple of years ago so they may have fixed it

·
Registered
83 Posts
I read somewhere that the solder connection can break on the gps chip and cause it to stop working.

It was a couple of years ago so they may have fixed it
Thanks! I will have to look into that. My radio is a couple years old now so I suppose it could be a possibility.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have been following this thread for awhile now, been looking for the one that suit my car. Its a right hand drive, many of the seller from aliexpress said it couldn't fit into the car. Is there any particular reason why? I really hope someone could shed some lights into this one.

thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,

I have been following this thread for awhile now, been looking for the one that suit my car. Its a right hand drive, many of the seller from aliexpress said it couldn't fit into the car. Is there any particular reason why? I really hope someone could shed some lights into this one.

thank you
This one seems to indicate that it will work in RHD vehicles.

I think the LHD one doesn't work because of the built in vents? I thought I remembered reading that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This one seems to indicate that it will work in RHD vehicles.

I think the LHD one doesn't work because of the built in vents? I thought I remembered reading that.
Mine has the same vents as this too,

But im not sure why many sellers keep saying it doesn't fit. Probably I would need to take it apart and see what is the different. I really like the 10" screen compare to the 9" one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have anyone actually installed a head unit that supports JBL amp and Toyota 360 camera? I am hesitant to trust just a few short lines in the description. I cannot find any pictures or videos with the original 360 camera integration. Shipping the unit back to China is not really an option.

I what about duplicated navi shortcuts on the instrument cluster small LCD. Is it too much to hope for that those woul work with Android head unit?

481 - 500 of 503 Posts