Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a new ANDROID radio for my RAV4 2016, what options i have????????????????????? thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Plug your vehicle details into the finder and read the installation details for the particular head unit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What I am finding in searching for a new HU, possibly a Pioneer 8100, is that, in addition to the HU, one needs to buy adaptor harnesses, a SiriusXM unit, if you want that, a new bezel, etc. The extras and the install add up quick.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX costs $1.24k
that is way too expensive for my pay scale.
Is it 100% compatible with 2016 rav4h?
(steering wheel controls, birds eye cams, hybrid meter, reverse cam, etc...)
According to Crutchfield right now the 8100NEX is $850. Still not cheap but it comes with GPS included.

If you don't want/need GPS you can get a lower end model for less.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here is a way to save money, I think, and get some better functionality. I am considering doing the following: Finding a 7" dual DIN, AppleCar and Android capable unit, that does not have GPS, but has and EQ, steering wheel controls and all the other stuff. That should save a lot of money. Next, for $100 or $150, get a separate Garmin, 5" and mount it just above the left vent above the radio, point it slightly toward the driver. In my case, the maps and screen of the HU are very unreadable due to the glare from the sunroof and the side windows. I need to be able to see the map and navigate easily. When I don't need the maps for serious navigation, I can simply remove the Garmin and put it away. Depending on the GPS you get, you can have real time traffic, lifetime map updates, etc.

I also notice that the electronic pipeline (inventory available) is full of brand new models as well as older models, all new stock. The 8100 is slightly older than the 8200, and with the CES coming soon, newer still models will be announced and they will be available by spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts