Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I picked up my brand new Rav4 less than a week ago and noticed a strange sound coming from my A/C vents. I brought in to the dealer and was told that it was normal for all of the 2019 Rav4s. I have a hard time believing that because that sound is incredibly annoying if it is not completely drowned out by the radio. The noise appears every single time I drive after 1 minute.

Here is a link of what I'm hearing in my Rav4. Is anyone else experiencing this?

any update on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealer confirmed the high pitch sound my daughter could hear especially at higher levels 3, 4, and 5.

The dealer replaced the fan motor.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If it were the blower motor, I'd think you'd hear it anytime the fan was on since it runs in all modes, heat or cool. Can you hear it in the engine compartment with the A/C on or is it a noise only in the passenger compartment? I've got a '19 Adventure and I didn't notice anything last summer. It's supposed to get to 80 here on Friday, so I might try it out again to see if mine makes a weird noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The noise was the blower motor. It was the same high frequency noise from the video clip at the start of this thread. I could not hear it, but my 14 year old daughter could. It might have been some type of resistor controlling the DC voltage to the blower motor to vary the speed if it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The noise was the blower motor. It was the same high frequency noise from the video clip at the start of this thread. I could not hear it, but my 14 year old daughter could. It might have been some type of resistor controlling the DC voltage to the blower motor to vary the speed if it.
That explains why I couldn't hear the noise in the video and perhaps maybe my own car if it makes the noise. I'm in my sixties and apparently older people can't hear high frequencies. Teenagers can, at least until they fry their ears by playing loud music through their ear buds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 Rav started making the same “whining” noise not to long ago and I can only hear it coming from my steering wheel. Don’t know if this would be the same problem going on but I have noticed the sound when my AC is on and it’s hot outside. I let my dad ride with me several times so I could show him the noise I was hearing and he was never able to hear it. I want to take it to the dealership but it looks like nobody has had any luck. Really don’t know what to do at this point...

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I picked up my brand new Rav4 less than a week ago and noticed a strange sound coming from my A/C vents. I brought in to the dealer and was told that it was normal for all of the 2019 Rav4s. I have a hard time believing that because that sound is incredibly annoying if it is not completely drowned out by the radio. The noise appears every single time I drive after 1 minute.

Here is a link of what I'm hearing in my Rav4. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. This is exactly what I am experiencing with my 2017 Rav 4 unlimited hybrid. I have an upcoming appointment and will share more information later.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm experiencing the same issue with my '19,the noise started about 6 months ago, did not make the noise the first months.. Did you get the issue resolved? I've gotten mine looked at twice and been told that nothing is wrong. It's irritating...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Since the weather has been hotter, I got the same issue with mine :( So far it’s very quiet but still annoying. Haven’t taken it to the dealer yet, probably wait until the next servicing appointment or until it gets louder so it can heard easier.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine makes this noise as well. Only does it after the car gets up to operating temperature and while idling. It goes away when you accelerate and drive. Come back to a stop and idle, the noise returns. Waiting on a more definitive diagnosis for others before I bring it up. For now it works and I rarely hear it happening.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off-Road
9 Posts
Bumping this to see if anyone has a solution. Having the same issue with my 2020 TRD Off-Road and boy is it annoying. Already took it to the dealership once and they said I had something stuck in my blower fan that they removed, but the issue persists.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i"d like to say I have the same problem, but mine goes away after a few seconds. It's like some parts squeak at the beginning but then goes away when it gets going.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off-Road
9 Posts
Took mine into another dealer and was able to replicate the noise by having them take the vehicle through a car wash. They confirmed the high pitch whine from the original thread video and are replacing the blower motor. Fingers crossed that fixes things!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noise seems to be related to refrigerant charge and will exhibit the typical noise when the charge is lower than normal. Make sure the refrigerant amount is correct first.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts