Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
I hear a whoop whoop sound, which could be caused by cupped tires. Since the noise is only on acceleration, that leaves out cupped tires. My old school teaching points me in the neighborhood of a differential that is worn. A grounded out engine mount, hose hitting the firewall - there are a lot of things that can cause this.

Universal joints usually click and squeak and cause a vibration that shakes the whole vehicle.

Drive it to Missouri and I'll put it on the rack :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what that sound is, but no special diff oil or additive is needed for the LSD in our RAVs.
I see, Thanks for the clarification.

LugNut said:
Weird wobbling sound is what I hear; can't diagnose it. But could be many things such as an out-of-round tire or a bent wheel. And make sure your lug nuts are all properly torqued.
Let me check those. Thanks for the suggestion.

FixIt said:
I hear a whoop whoop sound, which could be caused by cupped tires. Since the noise is only on acceleration, that leaves out cupped tires. My old school teaching points me in the neighborhood of a differential that is worn. A grounded out engine mount, hose hitting the firewall - there are a lot of things that can cause this.

Universal joints usually click and squeak and cause a vibration that shakes the whole vehicle.

Drive it to Missouri and I'll put it on the rack
Yes thats it. Its more off a metallic sound. I would love to drive this on the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts