Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm new here. Just bought an 09 2.2 d4d. Amazing car. Regularly hits 70mpg on my drive to work.

It's totally stock, which is great and how I wish to leave things, almost.

It has the Factory option Bluetooth, which is for calls only.

I've tried apps which trick the car into playing audio from my phone as if it is a call but the sound quality is terrible and far too quiet for higher speed/motorways.

I've tried an FM frequency-cigarette lighter type adapter, which is great but loses quality at higher volumes.

A wired Aux is the only way to go, and I've searched the forums and can't find an answer which suits my stereo.

I have the stock 6-disc CD changer which is built into the head unit. There is no aux button on the front.

I've pulled the head unit and taken some pictures (though I forgot the front). Are any of these pins useable to bodge in an aux wire? I've seen a few designs around but most have a different socket.

Thanks for reading, I tend to waffle and offer too much detail.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the front of the unit (borrowed from an ebay listing) which matches the product code.

It is a UK car which don't seem to have an aux as standard if at all.

I'm happy to do the 'cd changer hack' but I believe my Bluetooth is using that port (single yellow wire taking up a whole port?)

I'm not sure if your wiring diagram is relevant to this unit.

Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Suggest trying this UK - based Toyota RAV4 forum for help: Home | RAV4 Drivers Club . The unit pictured here is vastly different from what is in my '11 RAV4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts