Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan just announced the rogue hybrid.

According to this review, it's not quite as smooth and polished as the RAV4 hybrid.

It's all wheel drive is mechanical powered by motor in the front.

I wonder if it will support apple CarPlay! (Nudge nudge Toyota)

Here's an auto log review:

A can't-lose idea | 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid - Autoblog

And a video review by Fast Lane Car:

https://youtu.be/hUGWSj3NMxM

I hope more companies come out with hybrid crossovers/small SUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nissan just announced the rogue hybrid.

According to this review, it's not quite as smooth and polished as the RAV4 hybrid.

It's all wheel drive is mechanical powered by motor in the front.

I wonder if it will support apple CarPlay! (Nudge nudge Toyota)

Here's an auto log review:

A can't-lose idea | 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid - Autoblog

And a video review by Fast Lane Car:

https://youtu.be/hUGWSj3NMxM

I hope more companies come out with hybrid crossovers/small SUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks very similar to rav4h.

·
Registered
846 Posts
They should just produce battery pure electric SUV's just like for the 2018 model year from Hyundai/Kia.

Give us 250 miles and we 95% of us should be golden.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Competition is good, but at this stage of the game, Toyota is well ahead of the pack by introducing the RAV4 Hybrid First. Over time the results will speak for themselves, but I think the RAV4 Hybrid is hard to beat unless you pay more money.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Competition is good, but at this stage of the game, Toyota is well ahead of the pack by introducing the RAV4 Hybrid First. Over time the results will speak for themselves, but I think the RAV4 Hybrid is hard to beat unless you pay more money.
Not to mention how well proven the toyota hybrid system is and the superior planetary gear transmission.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The good thing is competition means pressure on price. It would be nice to see the R4H drop in price ;)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
No question its an inferior hybrid system design. Real world MPG is yet to be proven, but I'll bet its lower than claimed. It should also be noted that they surely had this in development well before the Rav4 HV was released. Its nice to see the Lithium battery, something that Toyota needs to do sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In a video review(Alex on Autos) he said it shifts and drives as seamlessly as the Rav. I like the looks of the rav more than the nissan. Then again I like more aggressive styling.

Kia is coming out with a hybrid cuv but it looks to be alot smaller. The interior is hideous on the Kia as well. I bought the Rav for its larger size and I really enjoy having that extra room for my 3 year old.

I will be purchasing a new car in 3 years(currently in a 2016 hybrid XLE) and I look forward to what 2019 brings. I saw that Mazda has a new cx-5, honda a new crv and whoever else has something new and fun by then. I love my rav so far but really wish it had android auto. It is a major downfall of the Rav. I have the nav system and it is pretty bad. Really wish I could have saved the 500 bucks and used google maps.

Competition is good! I'd like to see more options for a diesel!! Neighbor has an Audi A3 diesel and is pulling in around 50 mpg. I figure with the extra weight of a SUV we would be down to 40-45. But that is still 10 more than I get now at 35!

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
At this time, Toyota is the only hybrid vehicle I would trust enough to purchase. Everyone else is playing catch up. I had a bad experience with a Nissan dealer, many years ago, and they are completely off my list. Looking at where Toyota seems to be going with their RAV4 Hybrid line, considering the new 2017 Executive model, it looks like, more toward the luxury end.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Reactions: blueumbrella

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is there a auto maker with more experience building hybrids than toyota?
I don't think so but I think Toyota should also consider pure electric vehicles like its joint venture with Tesla on the RAV4E, besides focusing only on FCV's and hybrids.

·
Registered
98 Posts
At this time, Toyota is the only hybrid vehicle I would trust enough to purchase. Everyone else is playing catch up. I had a bad experience with a Nissan dealer, many years ago, and they are completely off my list. Looking at where Toyota seems to be going with their RAV4 Hybrid line, considering the new 2017 Executive model, it looks like, more toward the luxury end.

I hope you meant Platinum Model

1 - 18 of 18 Posts