Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this topic has been brought up many times in the forums and I have searched and searched but can not find an answer to this..

I have a 1998 RAV4 and would like to get Hard Spare Tire Cover on it but would like to get one used from a local scrap yard from a 2001-2003 RAV4 would this fit my 1998 RAV4? I have 215/70R/16 tires on my RAV4. Do I need to look for anything special?

Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Welcome Juice, Yes, you need the base of the Hard Cover. It must be installed behind the OEM tire. Then you install, lets call it the face. In other words, the Hard cover HAS to have two parts. If it doesn't have it, it might be a rip off and run. (if you know what I mean) Check that it also has to have the bottom lash, where you place a Lock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome to the site :D

I have located an Inner Plastic Piece from a 2003 spare tire would this fit on any year 2001-2005 hard cover spare tire?

Thanks again

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hafta agree with you, the newer hard covers DOES look much better than the originals. I purchased a new one (props to Derek again!! :D ) in silver for over $300 at Toyota, removed the 'Toyota' chrome logo, then custom painted it to match the rest of my car. Its worth it I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts