Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked Becky's Leather seats so much that I went over to the local installer last week and inquired about the Katzkin kit. The kit is $999 + extras, so I bit the bullet (I added Logos, Two tone and perforations to the "inside" leather pieces for a total of $150 more). Not cheap, and not as terrific a deal as Becky's connection gave her, but I probably paid the same price as the factory option would have been.

My original cloth seats were mocha or whatever Toyota calls it. So I stuck with that theme - Adobe color on the outside and darker Taupe on the inserts and door panels. I picked the actual RAV4 logo out of their logo book and had to get a faxed letter from Toyota authorizing its use, but still wound up with plain letters reading RAV4 - obviously they are worried about copyrights. But it still looks nice and I'm glad I got the lettering. If anyone decides to get the same two tone look, my configuration is called "2 tone combo" because the whole seat cushion has the insert color. Becky's is called "2 tone inserts" which doesn't cover the thigh area with the second color.

Anyway, not the best of pics taken in the garage, but I'm very happy. Standby for a barrage of pictures!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice Rims :shock:

Where can I get mine chromed like that and how much :wink:

That looks great :D Don't worry. My RAV4 is White so you won't see a copycat RAV here in San Diego 8)

I thought about getting the "Step Tubes" but I've heard that they make it more difficult to get in and out. You have to step out further and my wife is only 5' 0"

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Becky. I'm glad you blazed the trail. Katzkin really beat my expectations - always a nice thing. This car is really my 17 yo sons - so he is happy. We were thinking about just upgrading to a 2006, but the expense and the possible lack of NAV made up our minds. So we put the Garmin NAV in his 2003 and got the leather seats instead. We also are going to change the hardwired car kit to a Parrot Bluetooth kit that I just ordered as his birthday present. So I'll report on that mod too in a couple of weeks.

gamma -
The tube steps really have no function - ALL SHOW.

I did a write up on the chrome wheels but I don't think that thread is still around. I think the wheels cost $100 or $125 per wheel a couple of years ago. I can't remember the name of the shop but they were terrific. I just took a look in the phone book and it could be the place is now called "Chrome-It", since that appears to be in the same locale: try (619) 444-4001 and see if they do chrome wheels or know of a local shop that does. You will have to put your car up on blocks or find a spare set of wheels for 3 days.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow, That's nice....but definitely pretty pricy. Price is definitely great for what you get, but spending 1k on a non functional modification seems a bit much. I guess as long as you like it, it's coo. And since it's a gift that makes it even that much better. I hope it's not hot where you live. The weather's teh reason why I opted to skip out on leather all together. I do love the two tone though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts