Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 dealers who stated, MSRP was the final price (all in the philadelphia area), finally one came in willing to deal. The final price was $2470.00 under the MSRP.

We were also very happy with the price of our trade in. They offered $1000 more than KBB states for trade in.

The RAV is on the boat from Japan (vessel name = Greendale). The dealer says arrival to dealership should be within the month.

If you're in the area and would like to know who the dealers were that stood firm and the one that was basically no hassle, PM me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limited 4x4 V6

Barcelona Red
Taupe Leather Interior
Heated seats
Curtain airbags
JBL sound system
Running Lights
Moonroof
Tow Prep
Floor & cargo mats
bumper applique
cargo net
mud guard
remote start
security system upgrade
auto dimming mirror

S

·
0 Posts
Congratulations, that's a great deal. I've been quoted $500 under MSRP by local dealers in the Philly suburbs for a 4 cyl Limited.

G

·
0 Posts
That's awesome that you got nearly $2500 off MSRP. I'm shooting for a deal like that here in Sarasota. I want a FWD Limited with side and curtain airbags and a JBL stereo, but I need ~$2k off to make it work. Your deal provides some hope and inspiration. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
gtalum, how's your dealings in beauitful Sarasota on the Rav4 going? Are you inquiring about the I4 or the V6? What dealers have you tried? Hope you rerally beat them down on the price. Good luck w/ your negotiations? :p

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your congrats.

The dealer will call on Thurday to give me an ETA on my vehicle. (Give or take a day, the salesman's gonna be a grandfather on Wednesday).

I've check the figures again and I will be paying $2460 under MSRP and $1079 above invoice. After what's been posted in the forum, my experience with dealers insisting on MSRP, my wife and I are very satisfied with this deal.

We were only looking for a fair price. We understood that supply is very limited and it's a brand new vehicle. I'll be honest, we didn't have to haggle. We could / might have insisted on a few more hundred off but the dealer showed us respect (unlike others) so we were comfortable with the deal. As I said in my previous post, we got $1000 more for our 2000 CRV trade in that KBB stated. That's a testiment to Honda retaining value and why it's a good idea to take care of your vechicle.

Now the hard part is waiting....lol :roll:

You can be sure I'll post pics when I get it.

Now I'll be watching the forum closely on how best to carry 2 bikes. I see the posts in the exterior section on how to install an aftermarket hitch and rack. I don't want to have to remove the hitch mount rack to open the door. If I have to do the roof rack thing, that will be my last resort.

If you sent me a PM and I didn't get back, send me another, I think I deleted one by accident.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone who PM'd me buys from Central City Toyota please let me know. I'll get $50 bucks for the referral. :D

M

·
0 Posts
So how much did you actually have to pay then? Because I am looking at the exact same Rav 4 with those options and I want to know what kind of price I will be looking at.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now the wait... :cry:

Here is what the dealer said, we chose to wait for the factory vehicle. There's something about taking all the seats out of a new car that just doesn't sit right.

We have spent some time trying to get the most precise answer for your question about "how long" on a factory leather installation.

A LTD RAV4 6-cylinder in Barcelona Red with factory leather is most likely on a boat right now. We will locate it and have it directed to us once it hits the port. We are thinking it will be about 3 weeks to get the car here.

The LTD RAV4 6-cylinder in Barcelona Red that is at the port now and ready for "in-transit" status will be here next week. We would need one day to do the leather installation and add the seat heaters. We do use the same leather at Toyota and we do heated leather seats several times a week. The warranty is the same as the factory leather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts