Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused. If I replace my head unit with a Scion radio (one of the newfangles ones that has the volume knob on the front again), can I simply buy the Toyota iPod adapter, connect it and use an iPod? I guess my question is, do I have to use a Scion 6-CD changer model in order to do the iPod thing or will the single CD model work? I also read that the Toyota Wire Tunes interface does not work with the 6-CD changer model, which suggests that the single CD model is the one to get. Or is there a special iPod model that I need to look for on eBay? Also, I assume that you connect the adapter to the back of the Scion radio and then there's some wire that will need to be run through the dash and back out to the front of the console.

I searched the forum, can't seem to find the answer, so if I've missed it, I apologize.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check out my album to see a pic of the back of the old 04 Scion radio. Don't know if it helps to see the old vs. the new Scion style.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I purchased a pioneer (scion model 1802) with the knob for use with an ipod.
It came with the console to ipod wire connector, and the other wire assembly that mounts in the console with a connector on the other end.
However this connector does not mate with the fourth connector on the cd deck.
I suspect that it plugs into another cable or part of the Scion harness.
I plan on checking this out at the local dealer and will post the results.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rixrav said:
Check out my album to see a pic of the back of the old 04 Scion radio. Don't know if it helps to see the old vs. the new Scion style.
Hey, what did you have to do to get that temperature sensor working?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mirror I bought off of EBay came with the sensor. I pushed the temp sensor wires through the firewall behind the glove box. Power for the mirror was already in the head liner, so I just tapped into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts