Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recalled that during my test drive the other day, I noticed the right side radio knob didn't protrude as far out as the left. It seemed to function fine, but didn't look right. I'm assuming they should be the same.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Test drive? In a demo vehicle? Maybe someone or another tester messed with one of the knobs, tried to pull it off, pushed one in too hard, etc.?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a used 2014 XLE that I'm in the process of purchasing. If it's an issue, I want to see if they can address it for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had stereos in the past where the knobs would recess into the unit when pushed. This one just did the usual switching when pushed and didn't pop back out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The left knob might protrude just a wee dab more than the right one due to the push on/push off switch action in it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The dash has a slight curve to it so the outside of the knob appears slightly deeper than the inside. Sitting in the driver's seat that would make the volume knob look slightly bigger. In the passenger's seat the tuning knob. At least that's how it looks in my 2017 XLE. YMMV

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just picked up the vehicle today. And the right knob is indeed more recessed than it should be. Will post a pic once I get a chance. I used to to search for stations to program in my presets, so it works fine...it's just awkward to use since it's hard to get a grip on. I'm not too concerned about it, as I may just be replacing the head unit in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts