Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have two V-6 models and her water pump was replaced recently I figured mine was gonna crap out soon. Sure enough it started making some noise so I got it to the dealer. Extended warranty will take care of it and I'm having a new serpentine belt put on also. Such is life.

I had arranged for a loner car and figured it would be a Corolla or Camry. Guess what? It's a brand new 2015 BMW 528i !!!!!!!!!!! WOWZERS, I've never even sat in a Bimmer much less driven one. I had to be given an orientation just to figure out how to start it. It had 643 miles when I left the dealer. I'm dying to go drive it some more but we are sweating out a package from UPS that requires a signature, someone has to be here. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but no go. They delivered one package @ 9:53PM but never rang the doorbell so I could sign for the other one. We didn't know this until this morning.

The 5 series is incredibly quiet on the road even with run flat tires. The 8 speed auto shifts into higher gears very quickly and smoothly. I did stomp on it once and it absolutely set me back in the seat, I can't even imagine the twin turbo engine. :eek: This has every whistle and bell I could imagine and then some. Would I want one?? No, but an X5 would be entirely acceptable.

Dream on Toyota boy, dream on...........

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
They haven't delivered that new computer yet? I've had UPS do the same thing to me, not ring the doorbell or knock and say that delivery was attempted. And there is ALWAYS somebody home at our house.

Well it sounds like everything that was expected to go bad on your RAV has done so. Hopefully that will be it for repairs for a good while. Unless the OTHER transmission gets noisy. *Bite my tongue* I shouldn't have said that!

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The true irony of this is that I have a brand spanking new five series Bimmer to drive wherever I wanted today. I could not due to waiting for the UPS delivery requiring a signature because THEY FAILED yesterday. It's now 7:19 PM and STILL no UPS truck. I am indeed pissed off to the max.

Her original transmission shifts better than my re-manufactured one!!!!! If one of these cars is sold it will be mine. Her's performs better. If it comes to that I'll miss my tunes though......it really does kick ass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts