Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes the rubber moulding on the windshield at the bottom will squeek against the glass. This happens mostly when wet and just about always after you use the washer fluid.
I have another rattle for you. My cowling around the wipers will vibrate at highway speeds with high wind speeds added to that. Its a low pitched annoying sound that seems to come from no-where. One of the plastic fasteners has loosened and won't tighten back up. I haven't had a chance yet to replace it. At first it seemed to come from the door moulding but I traced it the the cowling one day driving with my window down on a very windy day. (wind was 70 Mph) Yes thats pretty windy. Not as windy as it was living in Newfoundland. (the windiest place in North America.) I like it better here.

Later. M.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I said it somewhere else on here but the rattle I hear was coming from my roof rack. The cross bar wasn't tight on one side and it used to vibrate at high speed with a head wind.

Another was the heat sheild on the exhaust under the shifter. Ripped it off and.... Voila!....No more rattle.

Later. M.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm guessing this one didn't get answered in the first place because it was placed in the wrong section (4.1 instead of 4.2). But glad you fixed at some of your rattles.

[Moved to 4.2 by Moderator, thanks for the tip 8) ]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was "green" back then and wasn't used to the system.

M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts