Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend whilst driving our 2011 Base Rav4, with the 6-disk changer and integral XM radio sound system, I looked at the display to see the word "ANTENNA" flashing on and off. We were listening to an XM station at the time and there was no apparent loss, degradation or interruption of the signal, at least to the ear, when this happened. AM and FM reception sounded OK too. After a few minutes it stopped flashing and the display returned to normal.

The '11 models have the combined FM/AM/XM radio antenna on the roof just forward to the rear door as opposed to on the front fender.

Any idea what this is trying to tell me?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I guess I could have looked that up myself. I know how to access the head unit but not the antenna base. Do you have to reach it from inside under the head liner? I don't see a way to open it from the exterior.

The ANTENNA warning has not recurred now for almost a week so I think I'll let it be until the radio shows symptoms accompanied by this warning. As I said everything seems to be working fine at the moment.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Thanks, I guess I could have looked that up myself. I know how to access the head unit but not the antenna base. Do you have to reach it from inside under the head liner? I don't see a way to open it from the exterior.

The ANTENNA warning has not recurred now for almost a week so I think I'll let it be until the radio shows symptoms accompanied by this warning. As I said everything seems to be working fine at the moment.
as they say, "if it ain't broke.........">:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Could you have been driving near or under something that was breaking up the signal?
XM buffers what you are listening to so those small breaks don't get heard.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've had the XM cut out in a tunnel or under a bridge, it just goes silent, no "antenna" warning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts