Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a newbie of a rav4, I love the car but I hate the stock antena, please help!! Where can I get a aftermarket antenna? Something like the one in s2000..a shorter one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can either check with ebay for a short rubber antenna or click on sponsors link and go to brandsport. They sells different length, designs and color.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in my case, I unscrewed the stock aerial took the rubber bit off the end, cut the thing down to 8 inches, stuck the rubber tip back on, and screwed it back onto the rav...reception is perfect.

all sorted........

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Canadian Tire

Canadian Tire in Canada sells a 15" universal fiberglass antenna that looks very similar to the stock antenna (fits perfectly too), but it's shorter for about $12 US.

You would have to have someone in Canada mail it to you - they won't ship to the US (stupid policy if you ask me).

The Canadian Tire part number is 35-0588-0.

I'm not even sure if they let you into their website without a valid Canadian postal code either - so use my dad's N7V 4H5.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/

This is a nice antenna, not a rubber ducky.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have that shortened Canadian Tire one, and I think it looks and works quite well. I looked at the 'rubber' ones and found they were too thick, made them look too stubby.

-Stephanie

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ebay idea

Someone in Canada should sell these 15" Canadian Tire antennas on ebay and ship them down from Canada. You could get $20 US for them easily.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those "Euro" antenna on ebay says they are soft don't buy them(although they look really nice when parked)... they wimp around when driving..

get a hard one... i have 3 inch antenna and i had 9 inch wimppy one as well the 9 inch looks much better ... but as i mentioned it wimps around so if you can find a 9 inch aluminum in black it'll look very very nice.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ok Ok, do not shoot me for mentioning Suzuki Grand Vitara, but I just love their short stubby antennas (rear and center). I will go to the dealership and investigate how much the OEM costs. I already bought a bee sting antenna from Antenna X, I still think it is a bit too tall for my taste.

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts