Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just a note to express my frustration and anxiety! I have waited for over 3 months now and my RAV is still on the way from Japan to Finland, said the salesman! The RAV should have been delivered mid April and is still not yet here :wall I was told that Europe is having delivery problems specially if you ordered special configuration/trims. But today I was a bit upset having been told that my RAV will be in FInland for delivery end of May. But I also told the salesman that if I didn't get my RAV end of this month I will cancel the deal though I still want the new RAV :x

I use the same dealer 3 years ago when I purchase my first RAV and the same thing happen, I waited 4 months to get my RAV. Same story and I don't wanna face it this time as am now seeing quite few new RAVs on the road and the snow is gone and mine is still on the boat, damn!

Any advice from the forum as to what I should do if the dealer didn't live up to its comitment and fail to deliver my RAV end of May?
I appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Jobo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry to hear this......

I'm at 2 months today and he said they have mine but it may be another 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe once they build the Canada plant, it will make getting them easier....

Anyway, if you do cancel, pull up at the Toyota dealership in a new Honda Pilot and offer your salesperson a test drive.....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess we are in the same boat MoonRav :x Indeed if they screw up this time again I will definitely walk away from them! But where will I go? I don't like the new Honda CRV though it has good quality as per Toyota, no Koreans neither Suzuki. We don't have Honda pilot here in Finland neither Hilander :(

But if push come to shore I might go for the new Subaru Forester Turbo though is not as sexy as the new RAV but is as fast as Cheeta :?

Let's keep fingers crossed and hope for a quike delivery as I still want my new RAV!

Cheers,
Jobo

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomorrow is two months for me!At this point all I can do is wait their is no other suv that I like as much as the RAV and the fact that I've already waited two months for the totally loaded one that I odered ,im not going to compromise what I want after waiting all that time.In seattle you cannot find any loaded V6 limited's anywhere ,they sure have alot of sports though!My best guess is that I will have to wait another month."Oh Well" I will just have to keep reading about eveyone else getting their's until I get mine.[/img]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quite usual with Toyota... My Corolla took 3 months, Avensis 2 months and now RAV4 ordered in March should be here in August!?!?!?

t.Mika

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No deposits, buy on the lot

I'm close to two months waiting. Next wednesday I'm going into the dealership and getting my depost back. Then I'll spend the next few days (end of the month) ready to make a deal. I will only consider that exist, that is. they have to be ON THE LOT!

I wish a Toyota dealer would read the forum and explain what all the B.S. is about. Basically the dealers need to " Sh _ _ or get off the pot" when it comes to being able to order something or when they have their allotment coming in.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,
Thanks for the posts and moral support! I thought I was the only one for the long wait! But I guess it worth it and since I've waited for 3 months already I think it doesn't make sence to cancel the deal. And the good thing is that am still driving my old RAV but I don't mind having the new one now :)

Jobo

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The RAV4 is worth the wait, anytime you special order a vehicle, you should expect to wait a few months. If you dont want to wait, you need to buy one off the lot and be more flexible with color and options.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G Man is right, it's definitely worth the wait! The color and configuration I wanted was almost nonexistent in our region and because of that, I waited 10 weeks for mine. Now that I have it, I'm so glad I waited! Hang in there!

ravgal

·
Registered
132 Posts
Expect a few months wait ?

To The G Man... I know now to expect to wait a few months, but the salesman told us that a special order was only 3 to 5 weeks. It turns out that it was more than 11 weeks. That's more than twice as long than what this "informed" salesperson said. An old salesperson's trick is to low ball delivery time and then several weeks later, you are told what is closer to the reality of the actual delivery date, and because of that tactic, you are stuck with that dealership. I find that EXTREMELY UNDERHANDED, and I think you would hear the same kind of fellings from many people on this forum...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep.. I can vouch for that.. 10 weeks here.. But soooo worth it.. I LOVE my Rav!!!!.. :)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Re: Expect a few months wait ?

MoonRav4 said:
To The G Man... I know now to expect to wait a few months, but the salesman told us that a special order was only 3 to 5 weeks. It turns out that it was more than 11 weeks. That's more than twice as long than what this "informed" salesperson said. An old salesperson's trick is to low ball delivery time and then several weeks later, you are told what is closer to the reality of the actual delivery date, and because of that tactic, you are stuck with that dealership. I find that EXTREMELY UNDERHANDED, and I think you would hear the same kind of fellings from many people on this forum...
If you know thats a old salesperson's trick to low ball delivery time, then you should expect the actual delivery time to be longer. Any car built to order from Japan will take 3 to 4 months. I waited 3.5 months for my 02 MDX which was a hot seller back then.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The wait

Thanks G-Man. I had the car in my hands at another dealer and left to try to get a little better price. When the new dealer said 3 to 5 weeks, I felt I could wait. If I had known it would be 10 or 11, I would have gone back to the first dealer. But, once I was into it, and I started to see the limited's disappearing from the Chicago area rapidly, I stuck with my dealer, not wanting to start all over again, because it would have been that kind of wait anyway. Didn't want to go outside the Chicago area. But now I know..... Next time it will be one off the lot....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts