Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pick up the registration and get an inspection sticker at the dealer for my wife's new 2021 red Prime SE today. Figured I'd ask what they had coming in for 2022s. Ended up putting a deposit on an allocated white 2022 XSE with PP for myself. It's supposed to be here on Feb 3.

Are there any differences between 2022 and 2021, other than better headlights, and lighted window switches?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE (+weather +audio) Silver Sky Metallic
136 Posts
There are the differences you noted, plus (from my understanding): LED interior light bulbs from factory, no more ventilated seats (on the XSE PP), and no more curve-adaptive headlights (on the XSE PP).

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. This is my memory from watching various videos etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are the differences you noted, plus (from my understanding): LED interior light bulbs from factory, no more ventilated seats (on the XSE PP), and no more curve-adaptive headlights (on the XSE PP).

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. This is my memory from watching various videos etc.
my sheet does say PP has 'heated and ventilated front seats' and 'adaptive front headlight system', not sure if that means curve adaptive, or not.

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
446 Posts
That was my understanding as well, but the online configurator still indicates that both of these features are still included. Perhaps it still needs updating.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The ventilate seats and better headlight would be major reasons for me to buy the car, I'd be pretty upset if I bought it based on the description and those things were not there. I thought they were still written in, I'll have to check it again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ventilate seats and better headlight would be major reasons for me to buy the car, I'd be pretty upset if I bought it based on the description and those things were not there. I thought they were still written in, I'll have to check it again.
I agree.. I negotiated a price and put a deposit on a car that says it has vented seats and adaptive headlights.. If it doesn't have those things, I'll certainly be renegotiating. I have a vin number, and the tracker says it has them, so we'll see.

marketingLongName"Premium Package — includes 10-in. color Head-Up Display (HUD) with speedometer, navigation and Hybrid System Indicator; 6.6 kW onboard charger; panoramic glass roof with front power tilt/slide moonroof; Bird's Eye View Camera [birds_eye_view]with Perimeter Scan, Overhead 360-degree view in low-speed drive and reverse, and curb view; unique SofTex®-trimmed [softex]seats with sporty red accents and stitching; heated and ventilated front seats; heated rear outboard seats; 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with two-position memory function; 4-way power adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket; digital rearview mirror with HomeLink® [homelink] universal transceiver; Smart Key System [smart_key_system]on all doors; one 120V/1500W AC power outlet in cargo area; [120v_cargo]Adaptive Front Headlight System [afs] with LED projector headlights with chrome bezels, automatic level and pan controls, Automatic High Beams (AHB), [auto_highbeam] and auto on/off feature; height-adjustable, foot-activated power liftgate [power_liftgate]with jam protection; Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB) [pa_ab]"

·
Registered
4 Posts

We have an R4P XSE PP w/ ETA late Jan 22. The offering spec sheet includes "Adaptive Front Headlight System" and "heated and ventilated front seats" and "heated rear outboard seats"

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime max trim
867 Posts
^@RLF Is it a 2022 year model?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
642 Posts
The USB-A ports in the center console and backseat have also been replaced with USB-C ports in the 2022.

But I don't think any of these changes have been officially confirmed for the Prime since nobody has seen one yet.

·
Registered
Looking for a '22 Prime XSE_PP
5 Posts
The USB-A ports in the center console and backseat have also been replaced with USB-C ports in the 2022.

But I don't think any of these changes have been officially confirmed for the Prime since nobody has seen one yet.
This person's channel showcases a lot of those changes for 2022 on a Prime XSE. Looks like vented seats are still available, however it may be a regional consideration.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
642 Posts
This person's channel showcases a lot of those changes for 2022 on a Prime XSE. Looks like vented seats are still available, however it may be a regional consideration.
Interesting. This confirms the lighted overhead console buttons as well. Hopefully, that will be a drop-in replacement part for prior model years.

·
Registered
Looking for a '22 Prime XSE_PP
5 Posts
Interesting. This confirms the lighted overhead console buttons as well. Hopefully, that will be a drop-in replacement part for prior model years.
Yes! I was relieved at that direction that they took (finally) as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the tracker no longer working? I keep getting a 403 error with "request blocked". Is there any other way to check on an incoming vin number short of calling the dealer?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The heated steering wheel control needs to be moved to the steering wheel or next to the heated front seats control.

I read the 2022 will loose rear heated seats and the LE looses roof rails which is disappointing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The heated steering wheel control needs to be moved to the steering wheel or next to the heated front seats control.

I read the 2022 will loose rear heated seats and the LE looses roof rails which is disappointing.
I also wish heated wheel or rear hatch was in the blank spot next to the seat heater buttons.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also wish heated wheel or rear hatch was in the blank spot next to the seat heater buttons.

The 2022 prime with weather package still has rear heated seats. I have one on the way.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts