Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own an 03 Altima and those were some of the best car speakers I have ever heard. Regardless of what your opinion is on Bose car audio, this is my top choice. Does anyone know if they make any speakers that will not only fit, but have the same resistance rating (ohms)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
Not that I can find, you may be able to buy them for another vehicle like a Nissan or something and make it work. They need to be 4 ohm 6.5 to 6.75 inch speakers.

I used New Rockford Fosgate P1675 6.75" 240W 3 Way Car Coaxial Audio Speakers Stereo that sound amazing, well anything is better than those stock paper cone speakers. I also sound deadened my RAV4 so that also improved the sound tremendously.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bose NX654 onyx 6.5" should fit in the front and they are pretty sweet.

If you want them in the back, this is what you need to do...

1) get a router or rotozip with a circle adapter (rotozip CRCT4)

2) Use the dimensions on the cut out template that comes with the speakers to make a router guide. Make sure when you drill the holes in the router guide that they match up with the speaker and the speaker sits nicely inside.

3)remove your rear side wall panels and rear speakers:

a) remove rear door floor trim
b) remove screws in the side wall (there are three behind the storage panels on each side)
c) remove rear passanger seatbelt
d) remove rear passanger door floor trim
e) pop out rear side wall by pulling forward and inboard.
d) remove 4 screws around speaker, remove speaker slightly and disconnect connector.
e) remove 4 plastic (yellow) anchors for speaker screws.

4)Centre your router guide in the speaker hole and drill first hole. Make sure you use a drill bit that will allow the mounting screw to bite into the metal.

5) secure router guide with one screw and drill second hole. Then secure it with another screw and drill hole 3 and 4.

6) Using a metal bit and a router (or rotozip) cut the hole bigger with the router guide.

7) remove the router guide and check fit with the speaker.

8) Sand edges and debur holes of the freshly cut metal.

9) Cut wire connector off old speaker and solder onto new speaker.

10) install new speaker and test functionality.

11) install inerior panels in reverse order.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts