Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the (non-JBL) 6 cd, and not crazy about the sound. I want to put an after market w/ sirus in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Dawgboy

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I called Metra with no luck either.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dawgboy-

Like you I was very unhappy with the sound on my non-JBl stereo.

I kept the head unit but added and amp and some aftermarket speakers and it made a HUGE difference. I couldn't be more pleased.

I can give you speaker sizes etc, if you're interested.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jayc,

If you've got speaker sizes, I think we'd all be interested.

Cheers,
G.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flyingn said:
good idea. Whats that last one usually cost??
I am not sure about the LC8 since I don't need 8 outs, but I went to Al & Eds and for the LC6 they wanted $150. But I think if you look around you can get them a little cheaper.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jayc said:
Dawgboy-

Like you I was very unhappy with the sound on my non-JBl stereo.

I kept the head unit but added and amp and some aftermarket speakers and it made a HUGE difference. I couldn't be more pleased.

I can give you speaker sizes etc, if you're interested.

Hey, don't happen to have any do it yourself help for removing the doors. which wires to tap and where....etc, etc..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Techmanbd said:
Yeah - I was having a browse through the Alpine site this morning and saw this.

To be honest, I'm not really that interested in spending big on ICE. Usually OEM set-ups are good enough for me but the 4.3 is really bad (I've the non-JBL 6-disk set up). However I've a sneaking the head unit is probably not so much the problem as the speakers so I'll change them first and see how that goes. Just have to pluck up the courage to dismantle the doors first - I'm not known for my delicate touch when it comes to these kinds of things.

On the other hand, I did spec-up a nice looking Alpine system. Bargain at $3K :shock:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got an email back from jorge at scosche. Says the dash kit is in process and should be ready by mid june!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All.

For who are interested in replacing the stock stereo with after-market ones -
I just did a search and found that the stereo install kit is very likely to be available from Crutchfield (via American International) in a couple of weeks.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t130171.html

I really hope it is really gonna happen!

Sam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts