Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2010 Sport with basic sound non JBL. I'd like to keep the wife happier with a reasonably priced aftermarket sound with Rear camera and Nav. I'm Leary of Ebay/China stuff although they look Oem in their own right. Many name brand stuff don't retain the oem look and one would have to buy a dash kit for the beveled look. Can anyone recommend a unit they are happy with a good Wifi?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Put a pot of coffee on and use the search button...tons of info on here about this topic...I have a 10 sport and installed a DVD stereo with backup camera...doesn't look stock, but it didn't cost an arm and a leg and it's not some cheap Chinese crap...you are only limited by your budget...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Jensen VX7020
No wifi
No live traffic updates

But yes on BT and usb and Navi
Also does CD/DVD
At about 300 bucks on Amazon
It's all about tradeoffs

The android units coming out of China are hit and miss these days might want to let it settle down for a year or so b4 getting one of those

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a joying quad core. I did most of the setup of the unit inside my house. I plan on installing it April after I leave on vacation. It has been running on my desk for a few weeks and I haven't had any problems with the operation. Everything I have read says joying has great customer service. I haven't had a need to find out yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have "Jvc Kwnt810hdt Car Stereo 7inch Navigation Bluetooth Hd Radio" and I'm decently happy with it. A little hard to see at times in direct sunlight, and the menu system is a little clunky. But overall, I like the Nav including the tone it makes when you're AT the turn. Some good features with Pandora and bluetooth streaming and ipod connection. The biggest thing though is it makes the speakers in the Rav sound 100x better than with the toyota nav unit it had before.
To get steering wheel controls, you need a simple adapter, and I recommend the parking-brake override adapter so it doesn't bug you about your passenger trying to put in an address while you're driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts