Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For one I'd like to swap in a heated seat button that isn't a physical push on/off, i.e. one that turns on electronically when you click it but only is powered as long as the ignition is on, then is back off again when you restart the vehicle.

For two it'd be great to find said type of switch from another Toyota, but then also have a 'hi' and 'lo' instead of simply on or off. I believe the heated seats themselves won't know the difference it's just that the switch regulates voltage or current or both to the seat which then heats to whatever it is being allowed.

For three I'd like to purchase an automatic down driver's side switch pack that has auto down for all the windows (or at least the passenger side). Toyota offered the same physical size as our Ravs for other vehicles that were auto down, so it would be a straight swap. I believe the wiring is all the same at the doors and it's just that the control inside itself has the proper relays or circuitry to allow it to be 'auto'.

Ok that's all for now anyhow :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I probably way over qualified this. I really didn't mean to imply only engineers or come off as snooty, just more anyone with general electrical/electronics knowledge. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
No worry. We have a few highly qualified electricians here. They need schematics, of course.
Patience.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you intend to say, "then is back off on again when you restart the vehicle."

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you intend to say, "then is back off on again when you restart the vehicle."
I could have worded it better. I mean that in my Rav the switches are physical, so to turn on the seat heater you are clicking in a switch which physically stays on. It will stay on until you physically click it again to turn it off, like a light switch in a home dows.

What I want is what many other vehicles have where you click the seat heater and it turns on but it isn't a physical connection like my current switch, it's instead an electrical one through relays. When the vehicle is turned off the electricity is cut to the relay and thus the switch resets to off.

Essentially I do not want it staying on unless I physically reach down and turn it off. Because most of the time I forget to do this when I turn the car off but then the switch is still physically clicked on so the seat heaters turn right back on again when I get back into my car the next day and start driving only to realize I'm getting really hot all of a sudden. And a lot of times when I want the heated seats it's in the evening when it's cooler but the daytime might be warm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts