Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a blind spot monitor for my vehicle. It was a mistake not to get it as an option when i bought it. I see some universal BSM devices in Amazon and ebay but the reviews and few purchases make me question the product quality. Also, will installing this void my warranty? I have the Bumper to Bumper extended warranty and am worried that getting it installed may void my warranty. Do I need to consult my dealer before I go ahead with the installation?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have both 2016 Rav 4 with blind spot mirror (Sold recently) and XLE Rav 4 2019 with BSM and I still turn my head and look.

I can’t trust the electronic blind spot like I can a mirror.

I do like when it is dark or raining the BSM over the mirror but I still look over my shoulder.

I just can’t come to trust the computer over my eyes

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thanks bud. I already have those mirrors and are great.
Corn is life,

you are welcome.

Don’t get me wrong. The BSM is nice especially at night and in the rain.

I just can’t make a lane change without looking over my shoulder.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Safety features like BSM, backup cameras, etc., are meant to supplement looking yourself, not replace it. Their purpose is to make sure you didn't miss something, but you still have to turn your head and look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try this one, no blind spot anymore, wide angle mirror, fits RAV4 perfectl, I love it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corn is life,

you are welcome.

Don’t get me wrong. The BSM is nice especially at night and in the rain.

I just can’t make a lane change without looking over my shoulder.
I agree. I am comfortable without BSM. My gf has been on my back for not getting the xle since it has all the other features like bsm and stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Safety features like BSM, backup cameras, etc., are meant to supplement looking yourself, not replace it. Their purpose is to make sure you didn't miss something, but you still have to turn your head and look.
Thanks. I look over my shoulders all the time. Its my gf that thinks BSM will help her be a better driver since she cant really drive on highways and thinks the BSM will give her some confidence.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try this one, no blind spot anymore, wide angle mirror, fits RAV4 perfectl, I love it
Whats this? do you just stick this on top of the factory side mirrors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts