Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently purchased a first gen RAV4 (Japanese right hand drive model, likely AWD). There's an unlabeled button on the console just to the right of the ignition and we're trying to find out what it's for. The user's guide instrument panel legend shows the button but doesn't have a label for it either. I'm guessing it's something optional, but I don't know what to search for. Any ideas what this is for or where I could look it up?

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
My wife recently purchased a first gen RAV4 (Japanese right hand drive model, likely AWD). There's an unlabeled button on the console just to the right of the ignition and we're trying to find out what it's for. The user's guide instrument panel legend shows the button but doesn't have a label for it either. I'm guessing it's something optional, but I don't know what to search for. Any ideas what this is for or where I could look it up?
That rocker/switch looks like a non OEM part.
Can you trace the wires that it's connected to?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Auxillary lights perhaps? I would check wires as mentioned above. Check if they go through a hole in the torpedo wall above pedals

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
I didn't realize that RHD Japanese market vehicles were street legal here in the US.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
I didn't realize that RHD Japanese market vehicles were street legal here in the US.

How did you determine that the vehicle is being used in the US? I couldn't find any profile info.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i would guess fog lights... if you do not have fog lights they maybe were there and the previous owner took it off when selling the car
if that's the case you probably still have the cables/connector somewhere behind the bumper

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
How did you determine that the vehicle is being used in the US? I couldn't find any profile info.
Because I am the administrator. I know all and see all. :wink

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
These vehicles, (at least in PR) are NOT legal. An ARMY dude who was station in Japan wanted to bring his Toyota from Japan to PR. Cool, the ARMY would ship it. But when DMV got the paper work to register it. He had a hell of a time. So much, he ended up selling it to a local museum. Even if the spare tire is in the middle of the back hanger. In the USA, that limited the view, causing the person to change the rear door. In the USA, it must be slightly to the right. That specific RAV4 above isn't in the USA. I guess that mate from Australia, or the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! It does appear to be the auxiliary lights. We hadn't noticed previously, as we were examining it during the daylight. And the vehicle is unlikely to ever enter the United States. :smile

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Because I am the administrator. I know all and see all. :wink
Yeah - I knew that you know from where a person is posting, but I didn't know that you had such omniscience that you could have determined that the vehicle in question was in or being used in the US - and apparently from the OPs post 10 it isn't . . . :smile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts