Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Personally I'd buy a smart key on ebay and program it with Techstream myself as long as you have an original master smart key, this previous discussion says $500 from the dealer, even buying a cheap laptop plus Techstream and interface would be less than the dealer cost, plus you have Techstream to make your own customization settings instead of having/paying a dealer do it.

www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/121034-keys-4.html

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I'd buy a smart key on ebay and program it with Techstream myself as long as you have an original master smart key, this previous discussion says $500 from the dealer, even buying a cheap laptop plus Techstream and interface would be less than the dealer cost, plus you have Techstream to make your own customization settings instead of having/paying a dealer do it.

www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/121034-keys-4.html
Thanks for the info. was unaware that the software was available and people were doing the programing themselves.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Any recommendations on where to buy an additional key/fob for my new 2016 Rav4Hybrid? There is an eBay company that promises the fob, and cut key with programing for $270.
2016 Toyota RAV4 Remote Key Fob Smart Key Cut Key Programming OEM 89904-0R080 | eBay

Anyone know the the price at the dealer?
Other vendors that handle the programing?

I generally like to have 4 working keys.
Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Cable Scanner for Toyota Lexus TIS Techstream V10.30.29

Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Cable Scanner for Toyota Lexus TIS Techstream V10.30.29 | eBay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts