Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has thought about replacing their front seats.

I can certainly live with mine, they're fine on short trips.

I plan on keeping this car until it drops. Having a pair of matching, comfy Lexus seats would feel SO much better. Even if they're used and in good condition, that would work just fine.

Any knowledge out there on this?

Much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can have the original seats recovered. And most custom auto shops that do upholstery could probably add a gel insert, heater or fan/cooling to upgrade over OEM. But with today's modern "seat" airbags, I wouldn't replace the entire seat.

Reactions: Styles

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't have any problems with the seats that are in my 15 XLE, but having them rebuilt at a GOOD upholstery shop would make much more sense than replacing them, or at least it would to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2013 XLE and I have been wanting to put in leather heated seats from a Limited by potentially hunting them down junkyards online. Our dog rides with us a lot and even with seat covers in the back the cloth isn't going to cut it. I've seen some things about replacing the cloth with leather, installing heat pads and wires/switches, but to me it seemed like it may be less of a hassle to find some Limited seats. I really hadn't put much more thought in to it besides unbolt the seats, disconnect the wiring, and go from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to do this too so I talked to my local dealerships parts department and they said it wouldn't work that simply. There are different connections and wire circuits and fuses etc. So they say.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I can bet the dealer cannot say anything else.
If the parts diagram do not show leather and heated seats in an LE, they will tell you it cannot be done.
It takes time to investigate and some macgyver to get things to work sometimes.

Even if connectors are different, they can be changed. Afterall, all they do it bring wires together; it's not rocket science.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts