Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m due for my 5000 mile service appointment soon.
Please let us know how your experience went with your hybrid. I’m curious what specifically was done to your car at this visit.
Anyone have them change your oil?
I’d also like to hear what issues (if any) you asked the Toyota Service Advisor to do/look into/check for you. Any issues with your car after the visit?

·
Registered
433 Posts
It was pretty cheap - multipoint inspection, tire rotation, car wash was (I think) all. Like $40.
Tire rotation is free at any place you bought tires before even if you didn't get them for this car yet. Tire rotation is recommended at 7500. I usually do it at 10k.

Car wash is free too as they give coupon for a free car wash after any visit.

So pretty much $40 for a car wash and to check your wiper blades. It's a steal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tire rotation is free at any place you bought tires before even if you didn't get them for this car yet. Tire rotation is recommended at 7500. I usually do it at 10k.

I assume you mean it is a steal of your money :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Last thing I want is a dealership washing my car. Is it in the manual for a 5K visit?
I agree. Of course what’s in the manual isn’t always the way it goes.

Hmmm, the Toyota sticker on my Rav says two year/25k free maintenance starting at 5k. Can’t imagine why anyone paid $40.
Tire rotations are every 5k.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was out of town when I hit 5k. So I took it to Rockwall Toyota in Texas. Appointment was under an hour rotate tires, checked fluids and car wash. Besides the fuel issue I have not had any problems now at 2 months ownership and 8k.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My dealer charges to wash my car when I bring it in.
I died a little inside. Its one thing to get your vehicle scratched for free. Another to have to pay to have it scratched. My dealer has a "car wash" which constitutes a short line of brushes and some sprays. No thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
I've had many 5k services done during the Toyota Care period on our Toyotas, never been charged anything, their carwashes are optional thank goodness, they never dry the vehicle so it water spots! :mad: They stamp the invoice with carwash tokens to be used when you want, usually 2 tokens but have had as many as 4.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I take advantage of every free/coupon service that makes sense. I’d much rather they rotate/balance tires than me screw around with it every 5k. I may pay them do the oil change at the same time. No car wash has ever been offered at my dealer and I wouldn’t take it if they did. I can only think of one time my Toyo dealer service dept tried to sell me something extra and that was the $300 12 volt battery in my ‘07 Camry hybrid. That battery lasted another 3 yrs with no problem till I traded it in.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts