Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tire rotation is free at any place you bought tires before even if you didn't get them for this car yet. Tire rotation is recommended at 7500. I usually do it at 10k.

Car wash is free too as they give coupon for a free car wash after any visit.

So pretty much $40 for a car wash and to check your wiper blades. It's a steal.
And $600 worth of damage to your paint

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had the 5K sevice. Totally free, even the cookies and coffee were free.
The service guys said you get 2 oil changes , for free, anytime you want during the first 25,000 miles. Spend it anyway you wish. I asked what would they suggest, and he said do it at 10,000.
So they did a tire rotation, and washed it , and some other checks.
All done in a half hour.
I like Toyota, and thats why I bought a Rav4

·
Registered
161 Posts
The service guys said you get 2 oil changes , for free, anytime you want during the first 25,000 miles. Spend it anyway you wish. I asked what would they suggest, and he said do it at 10,000.
Edit: ignore me, i was completely wrong about oil changes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
first oil change at 10K?

I am changing my own oil this weekend at 1K
I did the same and I installed a Stahlbus valve to make future changes easier. Make sure you have a good filter wrench, mine was put on by a gorilla; my claw type filter wrench crushed the filter by 1/3 before it started to break loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the same and I installed a Stahlbus valve to make future changes easier. Make sure you have a good filter wrench, mine was put on by a gorilla; my claw type filter wrench crushed the filter by 1/3 before it started to break loose.
I had to Google "Stahlbus" and I can't believe I've never heard of an oil drain plug valve! What size of Stahlbus fits our rav4?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a Stahbus valve, but I am sticking with removing the drain plug everytime. I want to make sure the old oil completely drains.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had to Google "Stahlbus" and I can't believe I've never heard of an oil drain plug valve! What size of Stahlbus fits our rav4?
M12x1.25x12mm

It comes with a copper crush washer and just make sure you torque it to a maximum of 18 ft lbs as stated on the box.

Don’t be concerned with not being able to drain the oil completely because of the threads. One-time, I removed the Fumoto valve on my Subaru as an experiment to see if there was any truth to the concern and only a few drops came out, not even a steady stream or anything. There is already a significant amount of oil retained in the top end of an engine and there is no way of getting it all out during a basic oil change. I’m not concerned about a few drops.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also have a Fumoto valve that I am not planning to use. Fumoto valves are famous for sticking out too much. For cars without plastic shields or covers, a rock or road debris could knock off the valve leading to the oil draining inadvertently. This is not a problem for the RAV4 2019/2020, but I still do not have 100% confidence a $50 aftermarket part will not fail and drain the oil inadvertently.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had the 5K service done today. It was uneventful. I didn’t bother complaining again about the refueling issue and I had no other issues to report.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At 10k miles my XSE already needs new struts and has the fuel fill issue, this will be my first and last Toyota. So disappointed 😔

61 - 72 of 72 Posts