Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pouring over the manual trying to find out how to turn off the audible warning. My wife heard it 3 times this morning even though the roads are completely dry. The temp was in the 20s. The dash light is fine but the voice is annoying.

·
Registered
84 Posts
it seems like it warns everytime the temp falls down to 37 and below.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You can turn off ALL the display messages on the MFD, which should include the icy road message. (I haven't tried it)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the audible warning that's annoying. We can deal with the MFD by keeping our eyes on the road. ?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Its only a beep. If you're getting more than that then you have different settings than I do, or a different system. But in any case it may still be part of the "pop up message" which you can turn off.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I changed a lot of beep settings through the OBD connector. I do not get the beep when I get the display warning, so I guess it got turned off in one of the settings I changed, not too sure which one it was though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It beeps all the time. I'm getting used to the beeps now. A couple weeks ago, when I was driving to a NP through very curvy roads of middle of nowhere and no one was around, the lane keeping warning kept beeping. And in about a few warnings, the car must have thought I was drowsy or what, it told me to pull over and rest! :)

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I already turned the LDA/steering assist off, it tried to run over a couple pedestrians walking down the edge of the two-lane when I crossed the centerline to give em some room!:mad: In the summer and fall I drive a twisty mountain road regularly and cross the centerline all the time when traffic and sight clearance allows, I'm not gonna put up with that noise! In the late fall it will be cold early in the morning, so that icy road beep will get turned off as well, I've been driving that road for close to 40 years, I don't need the car telling me there might be ice! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its only a beep. If you're getting more than that then you have different settings than I do, or a different system. But in any case it may still be part of the "pop up message" which you can turn off.
You're right. I thought from how my wife described it was more than just a beep. We (she) can get used to a beep. And given the season, she probably won't hear it much more for 6 months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Beeps drive me insane. On most cars I cut the wire to whatever beeps. But on this one I'll put up with it so I can have "features."

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beeps drive me insane. On most cars I cut the wire to whatever beeps.
I have a friend who is the same way. On his MDX, he found the beeper and wrapped foam and tape around it so it's barely audible (and easily reversible when he sells the car.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts