Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 RAV is almost out of warranty (34,500 mi.) and a few times recently, the stereo has behaved strangely. Yesterday, the stereo would not respond to my attempts to change the volume at all. Not if I used the buttons on the steering wheel, not if I turned the knob on the dash, nothing. The number on the screen showing that the volume was being adjusted didn't show up. It was as if the stereo wasn't getting the signal that I was trying to change the volume at all. Didn't matter if I tried CD, radio, AUX, etc. Problem disappeared the next time I turned on the car. :serious One time a month or so ago, I was listening to some music on a thumb drive and it was showing the wrong album art/song title for the song that was playing. This also corrected itself.

Anybody else have this happen? It's so intermittent that it doesn't bother me too much, but I'm worried that it will start to happen more often after my warranty expires. I don't care about the wrong album art/song title, but the volume problem would be unbearable. Of course, if I take it to the dealership, I'm sure it will behave completely normally that day. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Suggest that you take your RAV to your servicing dealer and explain the problem to them. Have them document it on a work order or other official form and give you a copy. If they cannot find the problem now and the warranty expires it will have been documented and the work order will be evidence that you complained about it while the warranty was in effect.. If the problem recurs and your unit needs to be repaired it then still should be covered under the warranty.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,757 Posts
Next time this happens take a video with your phone showing these problems. This way when you take it to the dealership, you have proof of the problem they can't find.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definitely make a video (great idea - not sure why I didn't think of it) and take it to the dealership before my warranty expires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2016 hybrid today showed the wrong title of the song it was playing. Resolved within 1 or two songs, I think I just opened my music on my phone or else is just resolved itself......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts