Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ripped our air filter out because it was moldy and stinking up the car. Two days later it smelled musty again for about 10 minutes.
The floor seems dry, but it's -10* and it would stay frozen for most of the trips we make. Does anyone have pictures of the new vs old cowl design? Someone mentioned less snow/ice buildup around the wipers with the new one.
I can't even find the tsb anywhere because the links are broken?
I replaced the windshield for the previous owner several years ago, but didn't notice anything out of place. I will take another look when the weather warms up to near freezing next week.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I ripped our air filter out because it was moldy and stinking up the car. Two days later it smelled musty again for about 10 minutes.
The floor seems dry, but it's -10* and it would stay frozen for most of the trips we make. Does anyone have pictures of the new vs old cowl design? Someone mentioned less snow/ice buildup around the wipers with the new one.
I can't even find the tsb anywhere because the links are broken?
I replaced the windshield for the previous owner several years ago, but didn't notice anything out of place. I will take another look when the weather warms up to near freezing next week.
It is not a tsb it is a recall which is related to the wiper linkage recall. This thread shows the new cowl.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I opened up my cowl about two months ago due to sporadic water leak and found a cabin filter cover which was detached from the cowl's underside. I did have the windshield replaced before so the technician didn't realign it when putting the cowl back. I epoxied the cover back on thinking it would fix the leak, but just 2 weeks ago, the leak returned, so likely not due to the cover. I also believe this leak dripped onto the passenger HVAC servo/actuator and its control wiring/harness that caused a malfunction in the A/C controller within the Limited automatic climate control, rendering no A/C for the passenger side at all.

Anyway, this new cowl design (04005-6310R) is >$200. Not sure what the crank sub-assembly (04005-47342, ~$25) is for.

Attached is the original TSB BO021-06.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts