Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Actually, bomex does make a front lip for the pre-98 RAV's, and it even has a cut out so you can keep your nudge bar. the problem is finding someone that has them for sale (bomex listed it on their new site, so im going to assume they are still in production...but ive yet to see one for sale anywhere)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever happened to the older BOMEX bodykits? I was looking at either of these two:

Kit1

Or Kit 2:

Where could I possibly get these?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
suprizingly, VIS makes a licensed copy of the body kit on the blue RAV, and they make it for both model rav 4.1's. but if you want it true, bomex still makes that kit... you just have to find it. but heres a tip: the bomex kit is hard to find an expensive... the VIS kit is just as good, easier to get, and about half the price.

the first body kit (that white RAV) looks like one of the optional RAV4 OEM aero packages...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
The Drifter said:
suprizingly, VIS makes a licensed copy of the body kit on the blue RAV, and they make it for both model RAV 4.1's. but if you want it true, bomex still makes that kit... you just have to find it. but heres a tip: the bomex kit is hard to find an expensive... the VIS kit is just as good, easier to get, and about half the price.

the first body kit (that white RAV) looks like one of the optional RAV4 OEM aero packages...
Yep Drifter, you're right. But this is just a hood scoop.

http://www.visracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=282

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba so I could never drive the Rav4 in winter with the VIX/BOMEX kit on it...

Where could i get this optional OEM kit??? (White one) I think it would look a LOT better than the half metal/half plastic body! :p

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
mensajero said:
Yep Drifter, you're right. But this is just a hood scoop.

http://www.visracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=282
thats just one of the products that VIS carries for the RAV4 (and that hood is actually really nice, it comes with a scoop like off of the 4.2 sports and 4-runners.) here are all the prodcuts that they carry for the RAV4.

and as for that OEM kit, if i remember correctly it was a Japan-only part, and it only had a limited run, so unless you find someone that makes a copy of it, its going to be damn near impossible to find it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In the summer, there's potholes galore and in the winter there's tons of snow and ice. So...my question is: are there any other options for bumper changes that aren't too low?

I was looking at Alan's Rav4 and I fell in love with it! Is there any possible way I could get a hold of these bumpers?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts