Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Limited 4x4 V6 in Nautical Blue preferably in Taupe leather, although I'd take taupe fabric and put in aftermarket leather.

Has anybody seen such a beast anyware in the US?. I'm willing to ship it to S. California

-calkiwi

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ravgirl2006 and karrock
Thanks for finding these!. I will be inquiring tomorrow on interior color (want Taupe). If I can get a reasonable price and they can ship to CA then its a done deal.

BTW - anybody know the process of buying a car and having it shipped to another state?. After you agree on a price, I assume they send you some paperwork to fill out and sign. Then you have to send them the $$$ and organise the shipping. How do you guarantee that they'll ship it to you and not take the money and run?.

-calkiwi

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW - anybody know the process of buying a car and having it shipped to another state?
I have a friend who did this last year with a 2005 Corvette. He said they did all the paperwork through Fedex and faxes. He paid his down payment via a credit card and his bank gave him a check to Fedex to the dealer for what he financed. Remember that you don't pay tax, license, and registration because you pay that in your home state when you register the vehicle. Once the dealer got all the paperwork and money, they shipped his vehicle. He had to arrange a pickup location with the shipper. They had stipulations on location, like they couldn't deliver it right to his house because the truck is too big to be driving around in a residential area. They had to meet at a business area with ample parking for the truck. My friend inspected the vehicle and then signed more papers to confirm delivery.

The only guarantee I can think of that they wouldn't just take your money and run is that you've signed the paperwork. Basically, the papers are a contract signed by you and the dealer. If they don't deliver, they would be breaking the contract. Just make sure you have copies of all the paperwork before sending it back as well as tracking numbers of anything you send them.

ravgal

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like Karrock found my RAV4!.

I have agreed to buy one of the two Nautical Blue Limiteds they had at Koons in Vienna,VA. They had actually sold the one I wanted (taupe interior), but the sales guy conviced the buyer to purchase the other one (Gray interior) instead.

I'm doing the paper work now (via email and FedEx) and hopefully will be getting it shipped next week.

I also talked to the dealer in NY that ravgirl2006 found, but they would not ship to CA.

Thanks everyone for your help.

- calkiwi

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's wonderful calkiwi!!! I'm so glad you finally found your RAV! Congrats! This is why I love this forum! People here are so helpful!

Just out of curiosity, how much will it cost to ship from VA to CA?

ravgal

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm driving the exact same as well. We ordered it 5 weeks ago and it finally arrived last Friday... well worth the wait too. My wife drove it to work today and said she passed a few cars on a single lane highway and was surprised how far behind they were when she pulled back into her lane... :shock:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
/ravgal2006:
Just out of curiosity, how much will it cost to ship from VA to CA?
ravgal2006/

Just shy of $1200. I got a couple of quotes, but I didn't look for the absolute cheapest - want the old RAV4 to arrive in one piece.

Thanks again to Karrock!.

-calkiwi

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nautical blue is a really nice colour in the sun. The metallic bits in it really stand out against the dark blue.

We're looking at replacing our old RAV with the new one in a few months, but it probably won't be in that colour. I can't have it matching my tC - that'll look too dorky. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just drove 40 miles to my dealer that just received my new RAV4 Limited in Nautical Blue with Taupe fabric interior. (the dealership was closed but it was on the lot. I pick it up tomorrow) It was driven from a dealer further south on a trade. That paint is BEAUTIFUL!!! Question, since I have had dark interiors for the past 20 years or so, am I nuts with seeing the interior as a cheesy "tan" like I used to have in a similar color in my Ford Pinto? Will it be impossible to keep clean?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, that was back in the days of gas rationing (odd/even plate numbers could only fill up on certain days) and gasoline was around 30 cents a gallon!!! I guess a few things have changed since then.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
the only issue I see with the naut blue is that the spare tire cover does not match the body paint. I don't know why but every one I have seen this is the case..
We have a Nautical Blue LE, V6, 4WD, grey leather, and as far as I can see the tire cover matches the body paint.

FYI to others here, we seriously consider buying one from a delaer in Buffalo and having it transported to Maryland. They said we'd have to arrange our own transport and recommended a couple of companies. The price was around $400, but we decided that we didn't feel happy buying from an unknown dealer sight-unseen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, if it's not too late, I just saw a brand new nautical blue Limited V6 4x4 at Fremont Toyota (Bay Area) on July 15. No leather seats though. I waited for 2 weeks hunting for stock leather and eventually gave up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts