Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
It would not work on any North American V6 RAV4 because they are all automatics.

Reactions: PIPnorcali and pico

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Not to mention:

This is a modified 2-plug ECU, it is designed to be used in non emissions regulated vehicles with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to mention:

This is a modified 2-plug ECU, it is designed to be used in non emissions regulated vehicles with a manual transmission.
Thanks for the tip I don't need to pass emissions but i thought he just used stock rav4 and disabled any auto tranny codes

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I would wonder if after installing one of these in a V6 RAV with auto trans the auto trans would need to be shifted manually, which would not be easy to do with the OEM auto trans shifter and the gates which would need to be waded through. Or whether the auto trans would be shift-able at all . . . .? There obviously is one way to find out if willing to risk it. And please post back with whatever the results would be. Also, s it possible to have a V6 RAV registered in CA which doesn't need to pass emissions tests? - perhaps if used purely for racing on off-public roads . . .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would wonder if after installing one of these in a V6 RAV with auto trans the auto trans would need to be shifted manually, which would not be easy to do with the OEM auto trans shifter and the gates which would need to be waded through. Or whether the auto trans would be shift-able at all . . . .? There obviously is one way to find out if willing to risk it. And please post back with whatever the results would be. Also, s it possible to have a V6 RAV registered in CA which doesn't need to pass emissions tests? - perhaps if used purely for racing on off-public roads . . .
Yea it would be tough to manually shift , I reg. the car in a small town which doesn't have smog I was looking for a few extra ponies

Found these guys too https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/toyota-phase-1

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Reactions: PIPnorcali

·
Registered
41 Posts
well, on my Rav4 D-cat, they moded the ecu.
Turned the EGR off
5th fuel injector was turned off
DPF was turned off
and also tuned the ecu for it.

So now instead of factory 179hp 400nm torque it has 220hp and 500nm torque.
can really notice the changes!

and it still passes the emision tests.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts