Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome aboard the board oldpat. I have never heard of the Farm & Fleet line.

You may want to check out Nokian's WRG3 SUV for all weather (including snow) performance. These tires are also Alpine/snowflake rated (severe winter weather standard) that snow tires carry. Also, the Michelin Premier LT tire which was launched this year has tested to have superior wet handling characteristics if that applies to your situation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
TireRack seems to be up on the Continential TrueContact and Michelin Defenders
I put 235/65R17 TrueContacts on my 07 base 4cyl AWD this summer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you drive in snow much I would have dedicated snow tires; all of the "all" season tires I have tried suck in the snow...............

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the Cooper STT Pro on my Defender 90 and love them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well - thanks very much to all of you. I'm getting the Cooper Discoverer SRX (H) mounted next week, and I'll see how they do.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
I put Cooper Discoverer SRXs on our RAV4 about a month ago. Don't know how they'll do in snow but I only go out in it for the fun of it and they certainly will beat anything as worn out as the old tires. Price was right and they seem to ride just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Doc. Grew up driving in the N.E. and do well in snow, never have switched to winter tires, esp. now with 4wd.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
never have switched to winter tires, esp. now with 4wd.
I'd always take a 2WD vehicle with decent winter tires over any 4WD/AWD vehicle with standard "all season" tires.

The rubber in all season tires gets too stiff in the cold, and without winter patterns (including siping) there's far worse performance for all season tires in the snow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have cooper discoverer srx on my 2011. Rated 75k, just had them rotated and they are almost done after 30k. Fleet farm said never seen that happen before and since the alignment seems fine and rotation has been done they can get me a big chunk of the cost back under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts