Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
588 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this mod next, I was up under the rear bumper today but didn't see any clear indication where the harness would plug in. Does anyone have some more detailed pictures?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It seems that the wire for the kick sensor is connected in the socket located on the left, under the rear bumper. the same socket is used for the parking sensors.
I spoke with a technician from toyota and it said that there is no way it can say for sure if this option can be activated.
There are 3 cpu unit on board and only the higher trim level have the posibility of making it work.
I have the kick sensor but i can't order the cable because nobody can say for sure if it will work. my car is as same as xse trim from us.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It seems that the wire for the kick sensor is connected in the socket located on the left, under the rear bumper. the same socket is used for the parking sensors.
I spoke with a technician from toyota and it said that there is no way it can say for sure if this option can be activated.
There are 3 cpu unit on board and only the higher trim level have the posibility of making it work.
I have the kick sensor but i can't order the cable because nobody can say for sure if it will work. my car is as same as xse trim from us.
Oh interesting, so if what you say is true then I see the harness down there. There are actually 2, one my rear parking sensors are plugged into, the other is plugged into the rear door beeper/speaker. So does that mean the harness would be different to allow two connectors to plug in? 🤔

They both go up into the body of the car in between the frame and the external body, kinda near the subwoofer.

I kind of want to crawl under one on the dealership lot that has one so I can see what the deal is. 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you buy the wire luggage door wire 2???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have the cable, because nobody can tell if it will fit the socket that is mounted on the car.
The dealer said that i can order this cable but if it will not work, the refund is not possible.
I am still trying to find a specification fot this cable socket because the price is around 100€.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh interesting, so if what you say is true then I see the harness down there. There are actually 2, one my rear parking sensors are plugged into, the other is plugged into the rear door beeper/speaker. So does that mean the harness would be different to allow two connectors to plug in? 🤔

They both go up into the body of the car in between the frame and the external body, kinda near the subwoofer.

I kind of want to crawl under one on the dealership lot that has one so I can see what the deal is. 😂
From the skematics found on the web, it seems that the new cable will replace the one for the parking sensors, but i can`t say for sure.

I can`t find a picture or specification for the kick sensor cable, and the dealers that i contacted will not say somenthing clear because according to my vin nr. this option is not instaled on the car.
The kick sensor socket has 4 pins and behind the left trunk panel i found 2 free sockets with the same nr of pins.

Also one of the tehnicians from toyota said that even if i can connect the sensor, the car cpu may not have this option. :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tobe honest as long you connect the cable on proper way car ECU automatically update kick sensors on you MID . Just need correct cable...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this schematic but if i can't find the specs for the cable socket it doesn't help very much.
I hesitate to buy the cable because the dealer said it will not let me return it if it will not work.
There are 4 cable codes for WIRE, LUGGAGE ROOM, NO. 2 and finding the right one depends on the car specs.
My parking sensor cable has de code 82182-42150.

·
Registered
13 Posts
so only can get help who done this or who have original kick sensor on his car they can show which wire is it and where its connect and number of parts and picture will best,,, hope some one can help us.... finger cross.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Any folks with the both the parking sensors and kick sensor want to snap some photos of their harness under the bumper to help us figure out this mystery?

It is interesting you mention different ECU/CPU depending on the trim of the car. This might explain why my 2019 base XLE was pre wired for the ambient lighting but none of the harnesses carried voltage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My kick Sensor works about 25% of the time, and usually when I don't want it to activate.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My kick Sensor works about 25% of the time, and usually when I don't want it to activate.
The tech package in general just seems kind of gimmick'y. From the weak wireless charger to the very low res 360 cameras it just doesn't seem like a viable upgrade, at least on the Limited Trim which already includes the parking sensors and digital rearview standard.

I played with the kick sensor on a 2021 while getting my oil changed recently and it seemed to work well for the most part once I figured out where to kick my foot and how rapid the movement had to be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just now i found little more information of my one toyota technician ,so i like to shear, he said kick sensor will plug and play as long you have correct wire as model version, there is mainly three model today factory made, every country is go by difference ,,, so there 3 wire kick sensor ( LUGGAGE ROOM, NO. 2 )
1. 82182- 42140,
2. 82182 - 42150,
3. 82182 - 42160,
(82182-42170 / 82182-42180) intelligent parking sensor with kick or intelligent parking,,

so you need open your back bumper then you see what wire is can fit and go with your car ,, this the little tricky..

·
Registered
6 Posts
If this helps anyone out, I have a 2021 RAV4 Prime XSE. My XSE did not come with the premium package. So, it has no kick sensor. A friend gave me the kick sensor assembly from his 2021 RAV4 Prime XSE with the premium package. He had to remove the kick sensor to install the Toyota trailer hitch. I removed my bumper valance. The cable to connect the kick sensor was not installed in my RAV4.
I inquired with a pretty knowledgeable parts guy at our dealership. This guy always goes the extra mile for me. Although many wiring harness are similar in the build process he told me there are 3 different variants in the wiring at rear and my Rav SE Hybrid Tech Package (CDN Trim) does not have the harness needed for the kick sensor to plug in.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am in the process of retrofitting the OEM kick sensor on a N.American 2021 RAV4 XLE Hybrid. I have the bumper cover removed and need to confirm if this is connector (see images) to 82182 ( Luggage Room 2).

I believe that is the piezo buzzer for the power lift back alarm. My 2020 has that part but mine is blue. My parking sensors come off a different harness than this one, so I imagine the kick sensor would have its own dedicated harness too, and if not present would need to be purchased.

Wiring diagrams look like the harnesses all terminate in the hatch near the subwoofer at the left side in the cabin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
only you can get help some one who have oem kick sensor on his/her car, so you can check the part how that connect and where . As i can see you have BSM on your car , i am still waiting for proper info about it welcome to our team >>>>>

41 - 60 of 65 Posts