Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Rav4Hybrid Limited in Magnetic Gray. (No need to go into my choice how & why, etc.) I am not a fan of chrome. I wonder if anyone on this forum has blacked out the chrome on a limited. I've seen it on several cars of varying makes and types. (Last week a Lamborghini in similar dark gray metallic/Cinnamon interior. Or whatever they call the colors.) I did come a cross a post for a company that refinishes stock wheels. So I'm more concerned with the trim bits. Door handles, headlight accents, etc. Links to pics or companies that provide parts/services would be appreciated. I am familiar with Plastidip.

In addition, anyone know if there is a list somewhere of Toyota/Scion/Lexus wheel compatibilities? i.e. Would 18" Lexus or 18" Camry wheels be a direct replacement for Rav4 18s?

·
Registered
11 Posts
In addition, anyone know if there is a list somewhere of Toyota/Scion/Lexus wheel compatibilities? i.e. Would 18" Lexus or 18" Camry wheels be a direct replacement for Rav4 18s?
If they're 5x114.3, it'll more than likely work on the RAV.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a 2016 Rav4Hybrid Limited in Magnetic Gray. (No need to go into my choice how & why, etc.) I am not a fan of chrome. I wonder if anyone on this forum has blacked out the chrome on a limited. I've seen it on several cars of varying makes and types. (Last week a Lamborghini in similar dark gray metallic/Cinnamon interior. Or whatever they call the colors.) I did come a cross a post for a company that refinishes stock wheels. So I'm more concerned with the trim bits. Door handles, headlight accents, etc. Links to pics or companies that provide parts/services would be appreciated. I am familiar with Plastidip.

I've only done the lettering on the sides and rear door:
HybridS
AWD-i
Rav4
Limited

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want to pull the headlights apart and black all the chrome inside them. I also want to black out the 'chrome' trim on the front.

NEWB QUESTION - Why does my profile picture not come up next to my name but other peoples do???

Thanks yall

·
Registered
551 Posts
Plastidip or other? Pics. Is there a link for pics of Hybrid customizations? I cant seem to find any.

Admittedly. This is similar to what I'd like to achieve--but simpler.

2012 Mazda CX-5 Dempsey - Conceptcarz
I'm looking at pics of that cx-5 and it's not very obvious which customizations they've done to it.
I only notice the cargo roof, rear bike rack, non oem rims, painted break calipers, and the red accents all over the interior/exterior.

My rav4h i used rust-oleum flexidip: Rust-Oleum FlexiDip 11 oz. Black Spray Paint-276289 - The Home Depot
which from what i can tell is pretty much the same thing as plastidip.
Here's pics of the lettering:

I don't have close-ups yet of the AWD-i letters on the side quarterpanels yet.

Also look at this 4.3 rav4 which is completely "blacked out" including rims:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/97-4-3-exterior/241914-blacked-out.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
I removed the badges on mine. Plastidip the emblem and silver bottom trim piece bottom. My next project is blacking out the window trim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts