Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I finally got around to putting my garage door opener in the 2005 RAV4 the other day. Stupidly, I did it at night, so the lighting wasn't great. (I get that way)....

Anyway, I needed the medium length little "lego" spacer. (you know, that little part that snaps onto the inside of the cover door to close the gap between the button on the remote and the door itself). Per Murphy's law, as I pulled that piece off the little stem, it shot out of my hand and landed somewhere mysterious I'm sure.

To make a long story short, I am able to get by with the short spacer by pressing the button very deep, but if anyone has a spare medium length spacer piece I would certainly appreciate working out a way to get it from you in exchange for a small donation or whatever.

The local Toyota dealer looked at me like I was some sort of alien when I asked them for a replacement.

Wayne

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VeroLAN said:
Have you thought about using the long spacer and cutting a bit off of it?
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I did, had the long spacer not have disappeared like it's smaller sibling. I put it in the glove box and it appears to have bounced out or something.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Go to your local hardware store; you will find a wide range of adhesive-backed odds 'n ends like little furniture feet and rubber pads that you can stick on the button if the button is big enough.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff said:
Go to your local hardware store; you will find a wide range of adhesive-backed odds 'n ends like little furniture feet and rubber pads that you can stick on the button if the button is big enough.
Hey!

Never thought of that. Thanks!

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts