Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer installed lugnut locks but I took them off since I do my tire changes myself and it adds a few minutes to the routine (and I have two other cars in the household to do, yes it's modern day slavery :)).

Any risks losing the stock tires/rims while parking in major city centers? These are not race car wheels after all and probably not much sought after, especially the 18" my wife has on her RAV4.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It only takes a minute or two to steal your wheels and they can easily be resold online. That being said wheel locks will only barely slow down someone really determined to take your wheels, but at least they will discourage most wannabe thieves.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
It only takes a minute or two to steal your wheels and they can easily be resold online. That being said wheel locks will only barely slow down someone really determined to take your wheels, but at least they will discourage most wannabe thieves.
correct,

you can buy a special socket to remove all most all lock nuts for pretty cheap, unless you park a lot in places that are more prone to this, (underground garages, dark alleys, bad streets) I would not be too worried about it!

Reactions: internalaudit
1 - 3 of 3 Posts