Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahhh... there's so many things i want to do to my rav... but i don't have all the $$ in the world...

so I'm considering some chrome rims .... should I just chrome plate my 16 or get some 17 or 18? will bigger rim hurt the odomitor thing? will it mess up the milage? also will it effect handling and ride comfort? I want my rav to have a sedan feel cuz it's bumpy enough.....

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dont worry about that just worry about proper tire sizing..the actual size of hte rim doesnt matter its more about the overall diameter of the wheel and tire combined.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed 18" TRD wheels (chromed aluminum) with no problems. The wider tire and lower profile helped cornering quite a bit. I kept the stockers for off roading.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 17" ADR STAGE 2 RIMS.
With 235/55/17 Tires
I can corner ALOT better now, and grippy too. And do some offroading sooo it didnt get bent or cracked. I just lowered my car so I can corner alot better now.
I am thinking of Autocrossing the RAV4 just for the hell of it. Make poeple turn the heads..WTF a RAV ??? hahahaha Priceless :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey, you and I almost think alike. I was thinking more of rally crossing my Rav though instead of autocrossing just because dirt = fun. 8) Still haven't seen what the current rally-x schedule is for 2005. Wish they held them closer here in the bay instead of way over at Thunderhill.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will throw my 2 cents in, being someone who likes big tires and the sidewalls that come with them. Moving to a larger rim will require a smaller sidewall. This can mean a more stiff ride since the tire has less room to flex and the flexing is part of the suspension system. Shouldn't be too big of a loss unless you are going to make some really drastic changes to the tire size (think lowered full size SUVs with the really low profile tires, looks cool but...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts