Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my hands on a copy (photo, PDF, Xerox, whatever) of a 2000 RAV4 "L" to settle an argument about how many Bradley alloy wheels would have come on the car when it was brand new.

I contacted Toyota about it and they weren't able to help me beyond telling me that the car was equipped with the Bradley alloys as part of the "Special Edition" package. They were nice enough to send me a letter containing the equipment list, but it's not very detailed.

If you have any sales literature that mentions the number of wheels that would work, too. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this one.

Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ian g said:
My RAV4 L has 4 wheels but I'd love to drive the very rare three-wheeled version!

PS I think the spare is steel. Here's the 2000 sales manual http://rav4world.com/brochure/2000/2000main.html
Hi Ian,

I didn't realize I hadn't made my point as clearly as I should have until I read your reply. D'oh!

The steel vs alloy spare is what prompted my post. I can't figure out why Toyota would have used steel spares on some cars with alloys, but not on others. Aesthetics aside, the alloy lug nuts won't safely hold the steel wheel for anything more than a VERY short hop, hubcentric or not...

Thanks for the link to the brochure.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts