Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed a LED light bar on their rav4? Looking for a front bumper installation guide or perhaps a kit.

thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you're doing it for back roads or for looks no worries, but yeah don't be that a-hole that blinds everyone on the highway. With that said you can get a light bar for the front and mount it that way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're doing it for back roads or for looks no worries, but yeah don't be that a-hole that blinds everyone on the highway. With that said you can get a light bar for the front and mount it that way.
It is for off road use. Can you suggest a kit or a DIY page ?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I used the search engine on the forum and google for a good 2 hours this morning. Those posts your suggesting do not indicate any DIY mounting information or any kits to help me get this dream done.

·
Registered
131 Posts
eBay has plenty of light/bull/push bars that you can mount your light bar to. Other option would be to mount it in the grill like above link, but you're probably just going to have to figure that way out on your own.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have one, but I mounted it to the roof with 6 inch magnets and I only install it when going to the cottage on the backroads, most places they are not street legal to use

·
Registered
38 Posts
^^ be careful driving on city roads with one on. the cops here will hit you for a hefty fine running them on the streets. You might have to come up with something on your own there man. I have seen a few ideas, but myself never liked any of them. Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's a few photos of mine.

Reactions: blkrav2012

·
Registered
641 Posts
@ Civiltechyyc - Sorry to high jack but what's the model# of that Go Rhino Side Steps? I can't seem to find a listing for the 2010 Rav4. Does the sidesteps deflect slush off of the body work well? Black go beautifully with that body colour . . . . .

·
Registered
61 Posts
@ Civiltechyyc - Sorry to high jack but what's the model# of that Go Rhino Side Steps? I can't seem to find a listing for the 2010 Rav4. Does the sidesteps deflect slush off of the body work well? Black go beautifully with that body colour . . . . .
The side steps seem to keep a fair bit of snow and mud off the car. In the photo I was driving up a icy and snowy mountain road for 40 minutes. I'll list the parts down below that I used in case there's any other questions. To install the steps it took some time. The rivet they make you use on the passenger side is finicky and I had to bend a few pieces to fit nicely. Took 3 hours but I'm always slow with this stuff.

Light Bar - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KPHTEMS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Side Steps - 4 in OE Xtreme Sidesteps

Push Bar - RC2 Bull Bar

Hood Deflector - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002HXY6F8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Horn - HELLA 003399803 Supertone 12V High Tone/Low Tone Twin Horn Kit, Horns & Accessories - Amazon Canada

Reactions: CanuckRAV4

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see, if I had a bull bar, installation of a light bar would definitely be easy. Perhaps I will search for a used bull bar

·
Registered
11 Posts
Second link I am guessing its screwed into the metal bumper that is located right around the two lower intakes. I asked in the thread to have him look down in because I have no idea whether its attached to the top, front, or bottom of the metal bumper. Probably 2-4 drilled holes with self tapping screws larger than the hole. Then run the wiring back into the engine bay and into the dash.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
I have installed one, non-permanent with clamp for off-road on the roof rack works well
the only way on the front I can think of it would be to clamp on on the two tow hook. or a bullbar
Wow, that's your avatar photo! I thought that was a photo from a Toyota brochure. Well done!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have installed one, non-permanent with clamp for off-road on the roof rack works well
the only way on the front I can think of it would be to clamp on on the two tow hook. or a bullbar
One thing that makes me hesitate is whether the LEDs are focused in any way. Are they? Do they spill over the hood or windshield?

BTW - I appreciate the notch in your avatar film strip. That's how we edited for printing in the news business. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts