Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember in the old forums someone had some tips for first time tube step installs, as I am a newbie and need desperate help. Anything you could share would be appreciated

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Airmax97,
Ah, a fellow upstater and Nokian tire fan...

Are these oem tube steps? I'd assume everything would be pre-drilled for them to make installation easier on the stealerships...I'd look into supporting the steps with jackstands or something similar while you start fastening them...

Bogatyr

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed Wagner tube steps on my '04 RAV. Not very difficult once I figured out what the instructions meant.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to ask this since I got an amazing deal today, I wen to the dealer to get my parking light fixed, first off it was the first time anyone has been nice to me service wise, second off they approached me and asked me if i wanted tube steps and I said sure but not for 400, and they said how about 100? So now im the proud owner of brand new chrome tube steps, but how hard would this to install on my own? I dont have a lift, is it feasable to do this on my own on my back without the car being jacked up? I have the pictures kelly gave, since they gave them to me. Any help would be appreciated as I am doing this tomorrow

by the way yes Im from upstate (plattsburgh area). If your willing to help me to install them, id drive down to you and buy you a case of beer :). Nokian tires are the most amazing tires ive ever owned and Ive had alot.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Airmax97,
I replied to your PM...hmm, but Plattsburgh...sheesh, that's quite a ways from here...2.5 hours or so...
While I always appreciate offers of beery, you should be able to hold them up with some jack stands and/or blocks of wood while you attach the bolts...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed side tubes on my RAV 4 2004. I brought them from brandsport and it came with instructions. These were the Toyota side tubes and not a generic brand.
All the holes are pre drilled on the car already and you dont have to jack up your car to install them.
You dont need any special tools but it helps if you have car wrenchs.
I had a friend install them for me after I told him where everything goes.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it covered already, friday a speed shop near me is doing them for free. Gotta love friendly people

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrulations on that...
For me the side STEP BAR serves 3 purpose....

1) For people to step up or for me to step up when washing the roof of the RAV.
2) LOOKS, ITS SHINING LIKE A CHARM !!! esp on silver cars...

3) IF IM GONA SCRAPE SOMETHING ...SIDE BAR SCRAPES IT FIRST INSTEAD of the Exhasut tubing and / or Fuel lines etc...
and believe it or not it has happen tooooo many times....*when im offroading that is or jumping off curbs or yeaa =D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mf2314 said:
I installed side tubes on my RAV 4 2004. I brought them from brandsport and it came with instructions. These were the Toyota side tubes and not a generic brand.
All the holes are pre drilled on the car already and you dont have to jack up your car to install them.
You dont need any special tools but it helps if you have car wrenchs.
I had a friend install them for me after I told him where everything goes.
Predrilled, eh? That's awesome. I might consider installing them myself, if I decide to spend the extra dough... even though I've already spent a small fortune on the hood deflector, side visors and rear spoiler. :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made a tutorial and made a website for it... but i forgot the URL hum? haha I'm so dumb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most of the tube steps I've installed are pretty simple. You will have to unbolt some undercarriage bolts and then use the aftermarket supplied bolts to mount the tube steps. The aftermarket bolts are usually just a little bit longer to compensate for the tube step.

Most of them are 4 bolts and it's done. I haven't installed a brandsports yet so, I don't know if the same is true for them.

Good Luck.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed a set of WAAG side tube(steps) on my own. They came with GREAT instructions and installed in less than an hour. They used existing holes, so no drilling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts