Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone seen door edge guards installed on RAV4? I wonder how it's going to look like before spending $40 + installation.

·
Registered
179 Posts
kendfw said:
Have anyone seen door edge guards installed on RAV4? I wonder how it's going to look like before spending $40 + installation.
You can pick up a roll of it at any car parts store and press it on yourself. I did it for my Camry; will do it for the RAV eventually I imagine. (but RAV WILL get BLACK)
One thing I notice on both of these cars; at the top of the door, the place where you press on the edging is quite wide; it will stretch the edging wide and not stay in place easily; I keep pressing it back on my Camry. The RAV isn't as bad, but you may want to consider not trying to get the edging up to the very top of the door; only put it on the spots where the door is clearly flat where the edging will go over it; that's about an inch below the top of the door on my RAV.

PS I got the mud flaps, put the front ones on before it got dark out last night; rears will wait 'till I get more time. Now I just need the color-matched side door guards from canada :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jabba2000

Do you have the pricing for the side door guard? I'm looking forward to have them installed too.

S

·
0 Posts
I had edge guards on one of my cars before, and it seemed to cause a rust problem from all the salt that got into it, even thouh it was on very snug. Then when it was removed left a sticky mess with rust underneath. I live near salt water and our roads are salted in the winter, so it is a worst case scenario, but something to keep in mind.

S

·
0 Posts
The clear film seems to be pretty good. A friend of mine has one on his Sentra SER Vspec. He has it on his hood and it is pretty stealth. This guy would not put it on if it looked crappy. My 02 Rav has clear guard on the bottom rear corners of the doors, it has been on since new and never came off, so seems better thann the traditional edge guard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts