Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2016 Limited and when we test drove one (different one than we purchased), it was set such that the birdseye view and front view of the car automatically popped onto the display screen when approaching a stop. Stayed in that mode until a certain speed was reached.

I've found in the Nav & Multimedia System Owners manual that this feature is described as "Automatic Display Mode". So in addition to screen switching by operating the camera switch, auto display mode switches for you based on vehicle speed. Specifically, when in automatic mode, the monitor automatically display images when the shift lever is shifted to N or D position or when the vehicle speed is reduced to approximately 6 mph or less. This seems to describe the mode that the vehicle we test drove was in.

While the manual describes the mode, I can't find anywhere where it details how to change into this mode.

Anyone know? Would love to avoid a trip to the dealer to be shown how to do this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Activate your front camera (the small button beside the hazard switch) and in the display there is an auto button, press it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck with that (but thanks).

When I press the camera button, all I get is two options on the display, pause, and the button to swap between birdseye and see-through.

Also put it in reverse to see if an "auto" option popped up, but only options that popped up were to change camera view modes. I'm curious of what option you get that I don't. Yours a 2016?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im sorry i forgot to tell you, you have to put the gear in drive while the front camera is active. The auto button should at the bottom left corner of the display. Yes i have a 2016 SE with advanced tech package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks, that was it. When I tried first time, I just did it in garage. The "Auto" option came up when in drive.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts